California Institute of the Arts
Los Angeles, CA
This part-time position works 20 hours per week from September through June and 16 hours per week for July and August and reports to the CIM Director. The IM Assistant is part of the Center for Integrated Media's team, which includes the IM Project/Critique faculty, student advisors and the CIM Advisory Board. The Center promotes a collaborative and respectful work environment that acknowledges the creativity and ideas of all members of the CIM team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manage the CIM budget
• Manage the schedule for the IM project/exhibition space and off campus projects
• Administer the Center's viralnet.net online project and web presence
• Supervise the student Teaching Assistant(s)
• Administer check requests and travel arrangements for visiting artists
• Assist with the resource/equipment purchasing process
• Manage the office and communications with other CalArts staff and administration
• As part of the advisory team, the IM Assistant will attend all advisory board and faculty meetings. These meetings are held throughout the year; topics include curriculum issues, student resource needs, concentration policies and office management. The IM Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and scheduling these meetings and arranging for a student representative to take notes when necessary.
• Assist with the visiting artist lecture series by communicating with and coordinating travel plans with the artists. They are the main contact for all visiting artist's needs and will coordinate all personal services contracts for the visiting artists.
• Assist the CIM Director with the development and organization of all logistical aspects of the concentration. This may involve working on CIM projects such as off-campus gallery exhibits, visiting artist projects and residencies and online projects.
• Overseer for the concentration's archives which includes supervising recording, videotaping and shooting still photos of selected student and CIM projects. These projects are digitally archived and managed online by the IM Assistant as part of the archivist responsibilities and coordinated with the student Teaching Assistant.
• Self-motivated, responsible, and can work in anticipation of the Center’s needs.
• Positive attitude and strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of social media and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
• Strong mathematical skills and digital media experience
• Ability to adjust to an ever-changing work environment.
• BFA in Art, Design, Media Production or Digital Media
• Experience in one of the following:
• Production Assistance,
• Artist Studio Assistance,
• Art or Media Institutional Office Experience
HOW TO APPLY
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Integrated Media Assistant in order to be considered.