Los Angeles, CA
Ghebaly Gallery seeks a Fall student intern in Los Angeles. Interns will be able to learn and participate in the day-to-day operations of a contemporary art gallery while working closely with staff at all levels and gallery artists. Depending on the interests of selected candidates, interns can build valuable skills and techniques in registration, preparation for sales and viewings, and public relations that can be used industry-wide.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to staff
- Assisting the front desk representative with visitors, phone calls, and fielding general inquiries
- Working with the Gallery Manager to maintain exhibition and office spaces
- Assisting with events and exhibition openings
- Creating materials in Adobe Creative Suite for press and clients
- Enrollment in art or art history coursework preferred.
- Current driver's license and mode of transportation
- Commitment of 2-3 days/week for one semester or 3 months.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for contemporary art.
No phone calls please.