Los Angeles, CA
COMMUNICATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, & ADS INTERN
photo l.a. is looking for a part-time intern to join our team!
The longest-running international photographic art fair on the West Coast, photo l.a. has been in operation in nearly three decades. The 28th edition will be presented January 30 – February 2, 2020 at the Barker Hangar, Santa Monica, CA.
With over 10,000 attendees in attendance, photo l.a. hosts 65+ local and international galleries, dealers, collectives, leading, nonprofits, art schools, and book publishers. photo l.a. will also present out highly-anticipated programming panel discussions, special installations, and docent tours with distinguished members of the arts community.
photo l.a. is currently seeking a creative individual interested in helping with general tasks prior and during the fair.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ASSIST PHOTO L.A.:
- Assist the Communications + Partnerships Manager with research on upcoming museum and gallery exhibition opening and events to share within the photo l.a. network and occasional posting on social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Assist photo l.a. Director and photo l.a. Exhibitor Relations Manager with miscellaneous office duties (i.e. printing badges, organizing paperwork, contacting the city for permits or organizations for bids, ordering photo l.a. deliverable, installation logistics, etc.)
- Compiles a list of contact information for art schools and local businesses to approach for catalogue ad sales
- Helps with answering general communications
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Positive attitude and high self-motivation
- Strong research skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a team in a quick, fast-paced environment
- Proven competency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Have regular access to a personal laptop computer and smart phone (REQUIRED)
REPORTS TO: Director of photo l.a. OR Communications + Partnerships Manager
LOCATION: Sunset/Fairfax area of Los Angeles; Partial telecommuting
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 2-month commitment of 8-16 hours/week; Schedule is flexible
START DATE: December 2019
COMPENSATION: $12/hr OR college credit (check with your academic advisor for arrangements)
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a resume and short cover letter to [email protected] –
Please specify “Photo L.A. Internship” in the subject line
For more information about photo l.a., please visit our website at www.photola.com