Los Angeles, CA
COMMUNICATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, & ADS INTERN
photo l.a. is looking for a part-time intern to join our team!
The upcoming 28th edition of photo l.a., California’s longest-running international photographic art fair, runs January 30 - February 2, 2020 and touches down at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California. The fair hosts 65+ local and international galleries, dealers, collectives, leading, nonprofits, museums, art schools, and book publishers for a weekend of highly-anticipated programming lectures, panel discussions, special installations, and docent tours with distinguished members of the arts community. Our overall mission is to offer an extensive platform with countless possibilities to celebrate and enliven the photography community here in Southern California while sparking critical debates about the state and future trends of photography and building its reputation as an international destination for the photographic arts.
photo l.a. is currently seeking a creative individual interested in helping with web content, social media, and general photo l.a. outreach.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ASSIST PHOTO L.A.:
- Active on all social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc);
- Experience in working with a publicly viewed account and is familiar with the ever-changing trends of social media platforms and connected applications;
- Competent writer and photographer with excellent attention to detail and an aesthetic eye for the photographic medium;
- Capable of researching upcoming museum and gallery exhibition openings and events to share within the photo l.a. network;
- Contacts museums, galleries, exhibition spaces and artists requesting any digital assets (i.e. high-resolution images, copy text, etc.) to utilize for marketing, when needed;
- Compiles a list of contact information for art schools and local businesses to approach for FOCUS photo l.a. partnership or catalogue ad sales, respectively;
- Helps with approaching and answering general communications with aforementioned art schools and local businesses as well as the general public;
- Maintains and upkeeps specified photo l.a. workstation;
- Knowledge of, or interest in a continued learning about the contemporary museums, galleries, exhibition spaces and artists in Southern California is a must.
- Be able to assist the photo l.a. Director and photo l.a. Exhibitor Relations Manager with miscellaneous office duties (i.e. printing badges, organizing paperwork, contacting the city for permits or organizations for bids, ordering photo l.a. deliverables, installation logistics, etc.) when Communications duties are completed.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Positive attitude and high self-motivation;
- Strong research skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a team in a quick, fast-paced environment
- Proven competency in the use of Microsoft Office;
- Have regular access to a personal laptop computer and smart phone (REQUIRED)
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager OR Director of photo l.a.
LOCATION: Sunset/Fairfax area of Los Angeles; Partial telecommuting
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 3-month commitment of 8-16 hours/week; Schedule is flexible
START DATE: November 2019
COMPENSATION: College credit; check with your academic advisor for arrangements
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org –
Please specify “Photo L.A. Internship” in the subject line
For more information about photo l.a., please visit our website at www.photola.com