Artbook @ Hauser & Wirth
Los Angeles, CA
SPRING 2019 INTERNSHIP
Artbook @ Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles Bookstore
Artbook @ Hauser & Wirth LA Bookstore seeks a highly motivated individual with knowledge of and interest in contemporary art and culture for its Spring 2019 Internship Program.
Located at the Hauser & Wirth gallery complex in Los Angeles, Artbook @ H&W Los Angeles Bookstore's mission is to offer the most relevant publications in current art and culture. The internship position holds potential for those interested in gaining an understanding of the various roles that a bookstore can play in the context of the art and culture industries of the 21st century.
The Artbook @ H&W LA Bookstore Spring 2019 Internship requires 2-day-per-week, 4-month commitment beginning, January 2019 and running through May 2019. Tuesday through Sunday. The store is closed Monday.
Intern will acquire and refine the following skills:
- Experience the role of the bookstore within the larger context of a contemporary art s institution
- Ability to assist with special events programming (book launches and signings, in store and off-site)
- Ability to contribute content for social media and customer outreach efforts
- Ability to contribute focused research on specific artists and publishers for upcoming Artbook Events
- Day-to-day tasks will include customer service, inventory management, shipping, submission review, and archiving.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A strong command of reading and writing in English
- Fluency with Microsoft Office programs on Mac-platforms
- Ability to multitask, and to balance short and long-term projects
- Is comfortable interacting with the public in store and over the phone
A strong candidate:
- Has an interest in current culture; arts, design, fashion, music and so on, and wants to learn more about contemporary art, books, and magazines
- Has a background or interest in graphic design, writing, editing, and/or research
- Has experience managing social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Has experience using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Flexible weekend and evening hours
- Fluent in social media
- Shows initiative and self-motivation
School credit and community service hours are available to qualified applicants. All accepted into the Artbook @ Hauser & Wirth LA Bookstore Spring Internship Program will be gifted a selection of art books upon completion of the internship in the form of a merchandise stipend.
Applicants who meet the above qualifications may apply by emailing a letter of interest and résumé to Lacy Soto, Bookstore Manager at [email protected] before December 2nd, 2018 for consideration. Please write Artbook @ Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles Bookstore SPRING 2019 INTERNSHIP in the subject heading. Artbook is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
About Artbook, LLC
Founded in 2004, Artbook partners with cultural organizations seeking to enrich their programming with the editorial content that a focused selection of well-conceived, authored, and designed books makes possible. Artbook runs bookstores at Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles, MoMA PS1, and the Walker Art Center in addition to numerous art and photography fairs.
About Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles
Hauser & Wirth represents emerging and established contemporary artists, has locations in Zurich, London, New York, Somerset, Hong Kong, Gstaad and Los Angeles and is a destination in the heart of the burgeoning Downtown Arts District of Los Angeles.
Do you like this post?