Los Angeles, CA
TITLE: Levitt LA Spring Communications Intern
LOCATION: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-Time (16-24 hours/week for 10 weeks)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2019
INTERNSHIP DATES: 10 consecutive weeks (ideally starting early March)
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
COMPENSATION: Honorarium, up to $2,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
Do you love music? Do you love curating and creating original content? Do you want to gain hands-on communications experience promoting free, outdoor concerts? If so, join our growing communications team for spring 2019!
The Levitt LA Spring Communications Intern will help shape pre-season 2019 marketing plans for the 50 free concerts taking place at Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) every summer in MacArthur Park. Role includes conceptualizing promotional plans for the upcoming season; developing buzz-generating content to populate Levitt LA’s website, blog and social media platforms; tracking Levitt LA media coverage; and potentially authoring up to three blog pieces on the national Levitt blog, reVerb.
- Help identify and create engaging brand-building content to populate Levitt LA’s various social media platforms; creating custom graphics, videos and other pre-season assets, as needed
- Regularly publish original content on Levitt LA website to generate pre-season excitement surrounding the upcoming concert season—including Q & A’s, artist trivia and other promo posts
- Support the creation of e-blasts as needed, especially as 2019 artist teasers are released
- Create compelling customized hero image graphics for Levitt LA homepage to promote pre-season content
- Identify, secure, create, submit and track calendar listing placements in local media outlets
- Support the creation of digital ads/web banners, advertising for upcoming concert season
- Help monitor social media performance—collecting and compiling analytics to illustrate correlations between content, publishing strategy and budget
- Track media coverage of Levitt LA and MacArthur Park
- Support development and maintenance of Levitt LA photography archive
- Author up to three blog posts about music, arts access, and/or creative placemaking-related stories tailored to your specific interests for national Levitt blog, reVerb
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Must currently be enrolled in college/university as a junior or senior
- Preferably pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Music Business/Industry or Nonprofit/Arts Administration
- Well-versed and current in social media platforms, influencers and trends
- Some experience in graphic design, video editing and/or photography, a plus
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for Levitt’s mission of making live music accessible to all
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus
The mission of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the diversity of our city and beyond. Every summer, 50 FREE concerts are presented at the Levitt Pavilion, featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning performers in a broad range of music genres.
Each summer, over 45,000 people of all ages and backgrounds gather on the lawn in historic MacArthur Park to enjoy free, live music under the stars. Programming is designed to appeal to all tastes, attracting people from all walks of life to come together for a shared evening of great music. As music fills the park, so do families, friends, and Angelenos from throughout the city. Since 2007, over 500,000 people have gathered in MacArthur Park to enjoy the free concerts, cultural celebrations and family-friendly atmosphere offered at the Levitt Pavilion!
Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles:
- Ensures free access to exceptional live music and family-friendly entertainment for people of all backgrounds and circumstances
- Provides a welcoming, fun and safe community gathering place open to all
- Brings consistent, positive energy to MacArthur Park every summer
- Supports the livelihood of professional musicians
- Connects diverse populations as a fully bilingual (English/Spanish) music venue
Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected], including “Levitt LA Spring Communications Internship” in the subject line.
To learn more about Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, visit levittlosangeles.org.