Maccarone Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Maccarone Los Angeles is looking for interns!
- Maccarone is a leading contemporary art gallery founded in 2001 in Lower Manhattan by Michele Maccarone.
- The gallery expanded to Los Angeles in 2015 and is now based out of a 30,000 squ. ft. renovated warehouse in Boyle Heights, near L.A.'s Arts District.
- Maccarone has been instrumental in championing a number of highly respected contemporary artists, programming cutting edge exhibitions of work by the likes of Christian Jankowski, Paul McCarthy, Nate Lowman, Paul Lee, Carol Bove, Rodney McMillian, Ryan Sullivan, Alex Hubbard, Alex Da Corte, Sarah Charlesworth, Oscar Tuazon, Trulee Hall, and Fred Wilson.
- We are looking for undergraduate or graduate-level students to assist the gallery owner and gallery manager in operations 1-3 days a week.
- Intern duties include but are not limited to: creating/editing PDFs, managing the gallery's Instagram, interfacing with gallery visitors, answering phones and taking detailed messages, liaising with press and museum professionals, maintaining the gallery's database, and running errands (having a car is not necessary but a definite advantage).
- The ideal candidate has some background knowledge of art from studying art history, art business, or another related field, and is interested in gaining firsthand experience in the gallery world.
- The intern must be a highly motivated and open-minded individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
Other pertinent info:
- A stipend and other benefits are negotiable contingent upon the candidate's prior experience and commitment level.
- Submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.