Los Angeles, CA
TITLE: Levitt LA Summer Outreach Intern
LOCATION: Echo Park & MacArthur Park, Los Angeles, CA
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-Time (16-24 hours/week for 10 weeks)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 15, 2019
INTERNSHIP DATES: 10 consecutive weeks beginning early June
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Relations & Outreach
COMPENSATION: Honorarium, up to $2,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
The Levitt LA Summer Outreach Intern will support efforts to engage Levitt LA’s growing audience base during the 2019 free summer concert series in MacArthur Park, building upon the momentum and excitement of previous concert seasons while playing a role in implementing community engagement programs and outreach strategies.
This internship provides excellent experience for careers in program development and management, community engagement and organizing, event coordination, and arts administration. The Levitt LA Summer Outreach Intern will acquire skills in project management, communications, customer service/guest relations, relationship building and event planning. This is an ideal internship for those with a passion for working with the diverse communities of Los Angeles, developing partnerships and building networks to support mission-driven programs, and collaborating with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment. This internship also includes gaining relevant experience by representing Levitt LA at community events in various neighborhoods of Los Angeles.
Activities for this internship may include, but are not limited to:
- Represent Levitt LA at concert series information booth, providing information to concertgoers about the series and organization, as well as collecting emails and distributing swag
- Support the coordination of lawn set-up/breakdown for community partner and sponsor booths and on-site lawn/audience activities
- Help implement Kidzone activities at concerts, including tracking supplies throughout the summer concert series
- Assist with administrative tasks to support the coordination and tracking of concert series volunteers, food vendors, lawn activities, community partners, and sponsors
- Represent Levitt LA at community events (festivals, health fairs, farmers markets, etc.), including info table set-up/breakdown, interacting with community members, and distributing Levitt LA information
- Contribute ideas for and support implementation of community engagement strategies, to support overall audience development and outreach efforts
- Participate in grassroots community outreach activities, including canvassing, phone banking, etc.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Must currently be enrolled in community college/university as a junior or senior or be a recent graduate; or have a displayed interest in pursuing this career path
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, required
- Interest in live music, event planning, social justice through the arts
- Passion for working with diverse neighborhoods, including in and around Westlake/MacArthur Park
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative thinker and self-motivated
- Passion for Levitt LA’s mission
- Strong computer skills and experience with the Microsoft suite of applications
- Available to attend events on weekends and evening
The mission of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the vibrant cultural tapestry of our city and beyond. Every summer, 50 FREE outdoor concerts are presented at Levitt LA, highlighting LA’s rich diversity through performances featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres.
Each summer, over 60,000 people of all ages and backgrounds gather on the lawn in historic MacArthur Park to enjoy free, live music under the stars. Programming is designed to appeal to all tastes, attracting people from all walks of life to come together for a shared evening of great music. As music fills the park, so do families, friends, and Angelenos from throughout the city. Since 2007, over 500,000 people have gathered in MacArthur Park to enjoy the free concerts, cultural celebrations and family-friendly atmosphere offered at Levitt LA!
- Ensures free access to exceptional live music and family-friendly entertainment for people of all ages, backgrounds and socioeconomic circumstances
- Provides a welcoming, fun and safe community gathering place open to all
- Brings consistent, positive energy to MacArthur Park every summer
- Supports the livelihood of professional musicians
- Connects diverse populations as a fully bilingual (English/Spanish) music venue