Los Angeles, CA
TITLE: Levitt LA Summer Production Intern
LOCATION: Echo Park & Macarthur Park, Los Angeles, CA
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-Time, 16 - 24 hours/week for 15 weeks, Thursday to Sunday
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, April 15, 2019
INTERNSHIP DATES: Monday, May 20 - Friday, September 6, 2019
REPORTS TO: Director of Programming & Production
COMPENSATION: Honorarium, up to $3,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
Do you love music? Do you love live concerts? Do you want to gain hands-on production experience in outdoor concerts? If so, join our first-rate production team this summer!
The Programming & Production Department at Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles is responsible for the presentation of all 50 summer concerts, from curating and booking talent to coordinating all aspects of production.
The Levitt LA Summer Production Intern will help coordinate, from pre-season to post-season, production plans for this summer’s 50 free concerts taking place at Levitt Pavilion in MacArthur Park. This internship provides excellent experience as a stagehand in a live concert setting, including building skills in interpreting and implementing artist stage plot & input list requests, knowledge in the set-up, operation and strike of production equipment, cuing stage actions, and relationship building with artists and their management teams in recognizing and accommodating production needs. This internship also provides opportunity to learn about industry standards in safety and access regulations. This is an ideal internship for someone who is passionate about live music production in an outdoor community setting.
- Provide support with overall concert production including stage and house lights, lighting console, sound system and audio console, LED wall and console, fly grid and masking, and comms system
- Assist with concert preparation and stage crew activities, including but not limited to un/loading, set-up and positioning of stage elements, such as performer instruments, equipment and backline
- Assist with the coordination of all performer tech requirements, including distribution of call sheets, stage plots & input lists to stage crew and venue management
- Support operations staff in providing hospitality to performers, staff, crew, and volunteers
- Provide performers with onstage needs such as water, towels, set lists, etc.
- Assist in backstage area to accommodate artist needs and requests; provide support to ensure artist privacy
- Provide support to community relations/outreach staff to set-up artists merch booth at each concert
- Assist with ensuring timely presentation of concerts, including cuing stage announcements, cuing artist stage entrances/exits and encores, and cuing any other stage actions before, during, and after performances
- Review emergency procedures designed to address security issues and safety hazards, including becoming familiar with emergency equipment and safety protocols
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Must currently be enrolled in community college/university/tech or trade school or be a recent graduate; or have a displayed interest in pursuing this career path
- Pursuing a degree and/or career path in production, recording, programming, event management, or music business preferred
- Some experience in audio, lighting, and/or video in a concert or corporate setting preferred
- Takes initiative and self-motivated, within a team environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to multi-task and stay focused in a faced-paced environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work with hands in a physical setting
- Passion for Levitt’s mission of making live music accessible to all
- Bilingual in English, Spanish, and/or Korean preferred
- Available for concerts on weekends and evenings
The mission of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the diversity of our city and beyond. Every summer, 50 FREE concerts are presented at the Levitt Pavilion, featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning performers in a broad range of music genres.
Each summer, over 60,000 people of all ages and backgrounds gather on the lawn in historic MacArthur Park to enjoy free, live music under the stars. Programming is designed to appeal to all tastes, attracting people from all walks of life to come together for a shared evening of great music. As music fills the park, so do families, friends, and Angelenos from throughout the city. Since 2007, over 500,000 people have gathered in MacArthur Park to enjoy the free concerts, cultural celebrations and family-friendly atmosphere offered at the Levitt Pavilion!
Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles:
- Ensures free access to exceptional live music and entertainment for people of all backgrounds and circumstances
- Provides a welcoming, fun and safe community gathering place open to all
- Brings consistent, positive energy to MacArthur Park every summer
- Supports the livelihood of professional musicians
- Connects diverse populations as a fully bilingual (English/Spanish) music venue
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected], including “Levitt LA Summer Production Internship” in the subject line.
To learn more about Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, visit levittlosangeles.org.