International Sculpture Center
The ISC Innovator Award was established to recognize the creative innovation of individuals, organizations, or collectives who develop new ideas and work to improve and/or expand the field of contemporary sculpture. The recipient of this award demonstrates a commitment to their community and effects social change through their work.
Submissions will be reviewed by a jury of professionals in the field, who will select one final recipient. After confirmed by the ISC Awards Committee and Board of Trustees, the recipient will be honored at community awards ceremony (date TBD). Submissions will close August 12, 2021.
Please read the following award criteria carefully.
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- Applicants may apply as individuals or groups (such as but not limited to artists, cultural organizers, curators, nonprofit, organization, collaborative, etc.)
- Available for both domestic and international entities.
- Applicants may not be a current graduate or undergraduate student (*Student eligibility through the ISC Outstanding Student Achievement in contemporary sculpture awards program)
- Open to sculptors/groups working in any material or medium
Examples of innovation include:
- Develops new thought processes
- Is a unique benefit to the community and/or society
- Encourages social change
- Creative use of sculpture/materials/technique/processes
- Demonstrate the promise of continuing creative and professional growth
Award Recipient Benefits:
- $1,000 Cash prize
- One year Professional (individual) or Associate (organization) level
- ISC Membership
- Recognition on sculpture.org and in Sculpture Magazine
- Virtual event to present work/project to the ISC Sculpture Community
- Residency opportunity (if available)