Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: IT Systems Administrator
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Applications
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM or 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM-TBD
STATUS (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
This position will be responsible for company wide server administration including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of Center Theatre Group’s networked systems—including physical and virtual computer server systems. This position identifies network optimization opportunities, allocates resources where needed and makes recommendations for new investments. Excellent verbal and written communication is necessary for this position, as is the ability to provide remote support.
This position will also be responsible for company-wide end user support on hardware and software tools, operating systems, e-mail and mobile devices including installation, configuration and maintenance. This position identifies alternatives for optimizing computer resources and makes recommendations.
Occasional weekend hours and off-hours support may be required, but it is typically a Monday through Friday work schedule. Some initial priorities include migrating email to Office 365 and implementing additional network data storage services.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
- Configure and maintain the company LAN / WAN network and wireless infrastructure with a focus on security, regulatory compliance requirements and a high level of up-time (assist with network core upgrade currently underway).
- Review, update and maintain system recovery plans in the event of power failure, damage to systems, disasters, etc.
- Participate in a significant way in leading CTG’s business resumption and disaster preparedness planning efforts with updating current DR plans and network infrastructure
- Install and integrate new hardware in coordination with the Director of Finance & Technology, the Director of Business Applications and other IT staff
- Manage and maintain emergency power systems at multiple physical locations
- Adhere to information security best practices to protect the company from internal and external threats. Investigate and perform forensic examinations of security incidents.
- Coordinate and manage data storage solutions, including back-ups, with the input of the Director of Finance & Technology and the Director of Business Applications
- Administer VPN network access for qualified employees
- Provide help desk support, including being first or second contact for after-hours support
- Document issues and solutions in the IT Department Help Desk ticket system
- Advise management on issues that should be escalated
- End User support including, but not limited to, email, MS Office suite, printers, monitors and general user account management including patches and upgrades to desktops and laptops
- Identify, install and configure new end user hardware and software as needed.
- Server administration including operating system and software patches, upgrades, and maintenance
- Update intranet end user knowledge base with solutions for common help desk calls
- Some hardware and software maintenance and repair that can be done in-house, or facilitate the repair of equipment that must be sent out or have a special technician brought in
- New user account creation per the on-boarding process
- Update group policy and login scripts
- Other duties as assigned
- After hours support as needed for critical systems
- Keep workspace, IT suite, and server room neat and organized
- Turn in time sheet and attendance forms on the regularly scheduled basis
All employees are required to pass a background check.
PRIMARY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ Years managing network infrastructure that includes VM Ware, Windows Servers, Windows PC’s and Mac OS PC’s
- Microsoft Infrastructure Certification and/or VM Ware Certification strongly preferred
- Expertise with the Windows Server OS (ver. 2008,2012, 2016 and above), managing Group Policy, Security Policy and troubleshooting and resolving Active Directory issues
- Strong knowledge of Azure Cloud or AWS services preferred
- Nutanix experience highly preferred
- 5+ years of network security management and firewall management experience - certifications preferred
- Some PowerShell Scripting experience preferred
- Experience with complex project management
- Ability to work under time constraints and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to bring a can-do attitude to all aspects of the work
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: CTGjobs@CTGLA.org
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.