The College seeks candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for commitment to student success. The position encompasses the following professional responsibilities and competencies:
- Commitment to serving the needs of the student, department, college, and community.
- Collaboration across disciplines and utilization of student support resources.
- May participate in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities.
- May participate in curriculum and program development.
- Work collegially and collaboratively within the college community.
- Participation in ongoing professional development.
- Ability to create a dynamic learning environment that values instructor/student interaction.
- Ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Ability to adapt teaching pedagogy to the knowledge of each individual and class.
- Ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidence-based assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to integrating new technologies into the learning process, including but not limited to interactive technologies for on campus and on-line courses.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Salary: $59.61 – $86.62 Hourly
Benefits: Academic Part-time employees receive commensurate sick leave per contract.
01A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET IS REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION.
A complete application packet includes the following:
1. A complete and detailed Long Beach Community College District Online Employment Application,
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae,
3. A cover letter,
4. Complete transcripts of ALL lower and upper division and graduate level college/university course work (need not be official). Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service (NACES).if applicable),
5. A list of three references (included on application or uploaded as an attachment)
My application packet is complete. I understand that failure to submit a detailed and complete application packet will disqualify me from being considered for this position and once application is submitted no documents can be added afterwards by LBCC staff on your behalf.
02 This position requires you to live and be a California resident. If you currently live outside of California, if offered the position, are you willing to relocate?
To Apply and for more information visit here by December 3, 2023 with a resume, cover letter, references, and college transcripts.