Fusion Art invites submissions for the 8th Annual Artist’s Choice Art Competition for an online exhibition during the month of May 2023.
For this open (no theme) competition, both 2D and 3D artists, worldwide, are invited to submit their best art and photography in any subject matter and any media. The artwork can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and artists, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational and/or nonrepresentational art and photography.
Here is a link to the 7th Annual Artist’s Choice Art Exhibition in order to help artists see what type of art was accepted in the past.
Best in Show and 2nd through 5th Place awards will be given. The Best in Show winners will receive a cash prize or the option of a one-year complimentary membership to Fusion Art’s Featured Artist Members Gallery, as long as they meet the eligibility listed HERE. In addition, Best in Show winners receive an invitation to Fusion Art’s Group Show in Santa Fe, NM in 2024.
Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Artistic Excellence and/or Honorable Mention awards may also be given. Please see further information below under the Awards section.
The exhibition and winning artists will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery’s website, in hundreds of online press release announcements, email marketing campaigns to over 9,500 buyers, collectors, galleries and art professionals, online event calendars, through art news websites including ARTFIXdaily, Artweek/Artjobs, Art Guide and Art.base.co and through our extensive and growing social media network.
Dates and Deadlines
Call for Artists Announced: March 2, 2023
Deadline for Entries: May 1, 2023
Opening of Online Exhibition: May 6, 2023
Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: August 5, 2023 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions” for 5 years)
A nonrefundable entry fee of $25 for 1 image.
A nonrefundable entry fee of $40 for up to 5 images (average of $8 per image).
Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted.
ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
Payment is required at the time of entry. Entry fees are inclusive of New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax
IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as FirstName_LastName_Title.jpeg. Example: John_Smith_Untitled.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- “Traditional” is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, printmaking, encaustic, fabric, and mixed media.
- “Photography & Digital” is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art). Digital Art that is a derivative work, created from another original artwork, must be significantly different as to constitute a new original work. The gallery reserves the right to request a copy of the original artwork if copyright infringement is suspected.
- “3-Dimensional” Art is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art. All 3D entries now require front, back and side views to be considered and properly juried.
- There is no additional fee for these additional images. Please see entry form for instructions.
- There are no size limitations on the artwork.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale to be entered into the competition.
Please visit https://www.fusionartps.com/8th-annual-artists-choice-art-competition-2023/ for full competition guidelines and to submit by May 1, 2023.