The AKA GROUP
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Edge at Hudson Yards, YMCAs of Greater New York, and many others.
We are looking for an Account Manager to support our VP, West Coast in servicing our West Coast client accounts. This individual will be responsible for managing the workflow of projects and execution of deliverables for our West Coast clients, including managing organic social accounts for select clients. Reporting to the VP, West Coast, the Account Manager is a full-time non-exempt position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Manage the workflow of projects for assigned accounts from inception to completion, including:
- Translate briefs into an action plan
- Submit briefs and drive projects efficiently through the agency workflow process via project management platform (Asana)
- Communicate and collaborate with team members across agency departments to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables
- Manage internal and external deadlines and project timelines
- Manage project estimates, invoicing, and billing
When included in the scope of work, manage the client’s organic social media accounts including:
- Develop overall social media strategy including voice, aesthetic, goals, KPIs and benchmarks
- Partner with creative lead to create unique and engaging content for social media platforms
- Oversee execution of social content, including building and implementing content calendar, securing client approvals, and publishing posts
- Monitor social channels and community engagement
- Optimize social media campaigns based on performance data and audience response
- Prepare campaign reports
- Identify and develop relationships with key bloggers and online influencers to build audiences
- Uncover emerging social media platforms and/or first-mover opportunities within existing platforms
Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, including:
- Serve as a point of contact for the client
- Field client questions
- Address client requests in a timely manner
- Provide status updates and reports to client
- Circulate items for client approval and gathering feedback
- Schedule and organize client meetings, prepare meeting materials/decks and wrangle input from members of the wider team as appropriate.
- Attend client meetings, take meeting notes and distribute to all stakeholders, and assign action items to wider team as appropriate.
- Represent the Agency by attending industry and other networking events.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years’ experience as an Account Manager or related marketing/advertising role, ideally in the arts & culture, events, tourism, visitor attractions or entertainment industry
- A self-starter and team player who works proactively with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A natural problem solver with an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude
- A strategic and innovative thinker with proven experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter) and a passion for creating unique and engaging social media content
- Ability to build client relationships, manage client expectations, and anticipate & deliver to client’s needs
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Interest in and knowledge of the West Coast arts & culture landscape, especially in Los Angeles, San – – Francisco, San Diego and Las Vegas
- Strong analytical skills and budgeting experience, including Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, – Outlook, etc.) and Adobe
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary between $55,000 – $65,000, commensurate with experience
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year, increasing with years
of service (to a max of 25 days)
- 3 personal/mental health days per year
- 12 paid public holidays per year
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 1/2 day Summer Fridays, between mid-June and
- 100% employer-paid healthcare for employees
- 100% employer-paid dental care for employees
- WFA for 2 weeks in August
- Training and Development fund up to $1,000 per employee, per year
- Minimum of 4 weeks paid parental leave, increasing with years of service (to a max of 12 paid weeks)
- Student loan repayment assistance (or tuition assistance) up to $5,000 with 6 years of service
- Paid 4-week sabbatical with 10 years of service
- Pet-friendly office
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion:
At AKA we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!
To Apply please visit here by September 30, 2023