Create CA seeks a full-time Administrative Associate who will provide administrative support for its Pasadena office and statewide team.
Create CA’s mission is to advocate for high-quality arts education for all students by providing policy expertise and mobilizing a statewide network of advocates and allied partners. Create CA is the only statewide organization that brings together all primary constituencies for arts education, including nonprofit arts organizations, K-12 teachers, professional teacher associations, state and local education departments, professional development providers, parents and PTAs, and interested community members in higher education and business.
For more information, please visit createca.org.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide virtual and in-person hybrid administrative support to Create CA staff at our Pasadena office.
- Coordinate logistics, prepare materials, coordinate with external vendors, draft communications, and help execute meetings and special events, including Board and other meetings.
- Schedule meetings and events, maintain group calendars, and manage invitations and travel logistics.
- Manage and provide support for office systems and applications.
- Manage the purchase, maintenance, repair, and replacement of office equipment.
- Coordinate with an external IT consultant to support Create CA’s technology needs.
- Support board and staff onboarding and offboarding.
- Track and order inventory (e.g., program collateral, equipment, office supplies, etc.).
- Maintain all electronic and physical files and archives.
- Assist Finance & Operations Manager with credit card and bank reconciliation, expense reimbursement, bill entry, and day-to-day bookkeeping in QuickBooks, Divvy, and Bill.com.
- Process, track, and acknowledge donations in Neon CRM database.
- Provide grant support, including grant award processing and editing grant proposals and reports.
- Respond to public inquiries and represent Create CA effectively to the public.
- Other fundraising, operations, and administrative support as needed.
- Duties require occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.
Experience: 2-4 years of administrative experience required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exemplary organizational, time management, project management, analytic and coordination skills.
- Highly motivated, able to plan proactively, prioritize tasks, and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through on projects/tasks.
- Strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills.
- Stellar notetaking, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Macintosh or PC platform required.
- Experience with Google Workspace, Smartsheet, Dropbox, Zoom, Bill.com, QuickBooks, Divvy, Neon CRM, Slack, Calendly, and graphic design is desired but not required.
- General technological savvy and strong online research skills.
- Friendly and professional presence in telephone, virtual, and face-to-face communication.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments within the stated timeframe.
- Honesty, integrity, and ability to adapt to change.
- Valid California driver’s license.
Position Specifications & Benefits
- Full-time employee, non-exempt position.
- Competitive compensation commensurate to applicant’s experience (Range of $21.60-$24.00/hr.).
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401(k) plan participation and matching, and Sick, Vacation, and Holiday pay.
- Create CA is committed to employee professional development and supports opportunities for training and growth.
- Employee must be based in the Los Angeles area. Create CA offices are located in Pasadena, CA. This position requires employee to work in person 2-3 days per week at the office, and the remaining days could be remote or in person.
- The position requires occasional travel throughout California and to select events.
To apply, submit the following as one (1) attachment in pdf format to email@example.com by August 21, 2023 with the subject line “Administrative Associate”:
- Cover letter
Applicants will be contacted only if the applicant’s skills match the job requirements. No calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Create CA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Create CA seeks diversity and does not discriminate based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.