LA JOLLA MUSIC SOCIETY
San Diego, CA
La Jolla Music Society is seeking an experienced and forward-thinking Artistic Planning Manager who will be a meticulous and detailed administrator with the ability to shift quickly between projects and seasons.
The Artistic Planning Manager will work closely with the Artistic Director and SummerFest Music Director to program, design and execute La Jolla Music Society’s winter season and festival programming.
- Aid the Artistic Director and SummerFest Music Director in the planning, design and execution of the winter season and festival programming.
- Communicate with artists and agents to establish availability, programming, and fee terms.
- Research and stay current on artists, industry trends, important festivals, and potential commissioning projects regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Orchestrate the planning of a bi-annual multi-day festival during the winter season.
- Work closely with the Artistic Director and Artistic Operations Manager to program Concerts @ The JAI.
- Manage all artistic submissions.
- Track, organize and maintain all future planning communication with artists and artist representatives.
- Manage and keep current long-range programming and planning documents.
- Disseminate all finalized artist negotiations, venue information and other pertinent information to the Artistic Operations Manager.
- Attend and represent the department at internal and external events, performances, conferences, and meetings as assigned.
- Work closely with the Artistic Director and Artistic Operations Manager to finalize the winter season and festival programming budgets.
- Manage all inter-departmental programming deadlines.
- Oversee the venue booking process at The Conrad and at off-site venues.
- Coordinate SummerFest Music Directors on-site planning visits and meetings.
- Manage the part-time SummerFest Music Librarian and Program Annotator providing deadlines for deliverables and dissemination payment invoices for Artistic Operations Coordinator.
- Work with the marketing department to set and manage programming content, deadlines, and deliverable dates.
- Request marketing assets from agents and or artist representatives.
- Upon request, send marketing materials (program books, brochure copy, email, etc.) to artist’s agents for approval.
- Oversee the Artistic Department proofreading and editing process (i.e., program book, season brochures, printed materials, website, social media).
- Work closely with the Artistic Director and the Marketing Department to help craft and develop language that best represents the winter season and festival programming.
To apply follow the link to our online application here by September 18, 2023
Salary: $70,000 – 80,000 / year
La Jolla Music Society is one of most prestigious and highly respected performing arts presenters in the United States. Our winter season presentations showcase a rich variety of classical, jazz, global roots, spoken word, family, and dance programming, at its state-of-the-art venue, The Conrad, as well as off-site venues throughout San Diego. In addition to our winter season and award-winning Learning & Engagement Programs, La Jolla Music Society also produces SummerFest, a renowned four-week chamber music festival featuring world-class artists and ensembles performing an array of concerts and programs curated by SummerFest Music Director, Inon Barnatan.
By exemplifying broad representation throughout the institution, it is our goal to dissipate traditional lines of separation, enabling audiences, artists, staff, donors, and students to connect with those who are different from themselves. We believe that through that connection—both on stage and off—we can enrich all our lives, broaden our experience, open our minds, and achieve La Jolla Music Society’s mission. We seek to create a working environment where everyone knows they are welcome and valued regardless of who they are or how they identify; where difference is encouraged; and where those differences help us learn from one another.