The Actors Gang
Culver City, CA
The Actors’ Gang (TAG) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that has been presenting relevant and vibrantly entertaining plays in Los Angeles and worldwide for over 40 years. Our groundbreaking Prison Project is currently in fourteen California prisons, serving incarcerated women, men and children with rehabilitation programs that significantly reduce the recidivism rate. Our Education Department serves 2,500 children in Los Angeles public schools through in-school immersion and after-school programs and by participating in classes that encourage acceptance, respect and team building in a fun, impactful way.
The Audience Services Manager at The Actors’ Gang oversees all aspects of Box Office and Front of House operations, digital and on-site ticket sales. This employee is responsible for providing a high level of customer service for our audience, from their moment of ticket purchase to the time they leave a performance. As ticket revenue is a key ingredient for our success, the Audience Services Manager is responsible for helping formulate and implement strategies for driving ticket sales with the Director of Marketing and Managing Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage ticketing software and transactions to reflect current performance information and prices.
- Improve database functionality for transactions, sales and marketing reports, and list pulls.
- Manage and coordinate consistent database entry between development, box office, and marketing.
- Manage and continually improve subscriber and single ticket services.
- Annually review policies and procedures with the Managing Director and make recommendations to improve the customer experience.
- Supervise and execute performance walk-up sales.
- Generate sales reports for subscriptions, single ticket sales, group sales and special events.
- Works with the Managing Director to review and analyze data, including but not limited to sales comparisons, summaries and reports.
- Track buying trends and make suggestions based on data.
- Work on improving existing reports and leading the effort to create new reports when needed.
- Execute telemarketing campaigns and generate leads for various campaigns.
- Oversee patron safety and documentation of injury and incident reports.
- Performs other duties as needed upon request of the organization.
- 2-3 years’ experience with AudienceView Professional (formerly OvationTix) or other ticketing software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proficiency with Google suite of tools, including docs and spreadsheets
- Minimum of 3 years of Box Office experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with the public and possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with web-purchase flows and how to optimize.
- Experience managing cash and credit card sales.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including long hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to work in a crowded, often high-stress work environment.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Management and training experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, crouch, and lift 35lbs
$50k / Annual
Full Time, 35 hour per week, Non-exempt
Benefits: Health, Dental, low cost Vision option, 2wks paid Vacation
To Apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line: Audience Services Manager by October 20, 2023.
The Actors’ Gang is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. The Actors’ Gang makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.