Los Angeles, CA
The Getty Foundation is the philanthropic division of Getty, awarding grants that improve access to museum and archival collections, advance research in art history, conserve works of art and architecture, and train the next generation of arts professionals.
The Communications Specialist is a key member of the Foundation’s team who leads production of digital and print materials that share the impact of Getty’s international grantmaking with arts professionals and arts enthusiasts. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist is responsible for planning, coordinating, and publishing human-centered stories across Getty’s owned media platforms. This position also contributes to the communication team’s intake of image and video assets and works collaboratively with communication staff throughout the institution. The core activities of this position include writing, editing, and tailoring content for a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
The Communication Specialist will collaborate regularly with the Foundation’s dynamic program staff dedicated to advancing Getty’s philanthropic activities in the arts globally. Getty’s campus is filled with art, beautiful gardens and outdoor meeting spaces, a full slate of speakers and programs, and a world-class research library.
We work onsite and the expectation is that the candidate will reside within a commutable distance of Getty. The Foundation offers a telework policy for partial remote work, for which this position would be eligible based on satisfactory job performance. Relocation is not provided.
Here are just some examples that Getty offers/provides for full-time employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage, starting on date of hire. Getty pays 75%-95% of the premium, depending on the plan selected.
- 403(b) Employee Investment retirement plan – with up to 5% Getty Match
- Getty contribution of 6%, on behalf of employee, to 401(a) retirement account
- Educational Assistance and professional development
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
- 2 Paid Holidays
- Many positions have bi-weekly Off-Fridays
- On-Site Fitness Center at Getty Center
- Community service opportunities
To learn more about our comprehensive benefits and long list of perks, go to GettyHR.com.
Salary: $66,868 – $88,604 Annually
Please apply on the Getty website here with a cover letter, resume, and one-page writing sample by January 31st, 2024.