Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for managing general accounting functions including cash management, payroll and financial reports, preparation of organizational tax and information returns and annual Federal and State independent contractor returns, and oversight of Federal and State quarterly and annual payroll returns. The Controller ensures the integrity and accuracy of financial data and reports, provides financial analysis and makes recommendations on policy and procedures, and also assists staff throughout the company with the monitoring of budgets and conducting good business practices.
- Supervise staff in the daily operations of the accounting, payroll, budget oversight and treasury functions.
- Monitor comprehensive system of fiscal controls, regularly audit their ongoing implementation and effectiveness, and augment or revise as necessary.
- Manage general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, cash flow, and bank reconciliation processes.
- Ensure timely and proper recording of all income, expense, and balance sheet entries in the general ledger.
- Oversee and monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ensure timely and accurate deposits of payroll and withholding taxes with the appropriate governmental agencies.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of union benefit reports and remittance of the related payments to union benefit providers.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and submission of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns and related forms, and annual Federal and State independent contractor filings.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and submission of the annual retirement plan census and required reports to the retirement plan service provider.
- Generate financial reports in compliance with GAAP or other applicable standards.
- Oversee and coordinate financial and payroll-related audits.
- Assist CFO with strategic operational and financial decisions and various reporting needs.
- Attend and provide support to the Board Finance and Audit Committee meetings.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to CTG’s equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and values and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to an anti-racist work culture.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Benefits: CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program.
Salary: $2,403.85-$2,788.47/week (equivalent to $125,000.20- $145,000.44 annualized)
To Apply, please email your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30, 2023.