Los Angeles, California
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, the Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four divisions: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts, the Colburn Music Academy and the Trudl Zipper Dance Institute. Launched in the fall of 2017, Colburn’s Center for Innovation and Community Impact empowers the musical and dance leaders of tomorrow by equipping them with the tools needed to build creative careers that are sustainable and relevant in our rapidly shifting cultural landscape.
The Colburn School’s mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
Working directly with the leadership team of the Dance Department, the Studio Manager provides guidance and administrative support to this expanding program. Serving as an ambassador of Colburn Dance to the 300+ families in the Youth Dance program, this position also works closely with professional teams across the Colburn campus, including Communications, Community Outreach, Finance, Philanthropy and Production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages day to day administration of all TZDI Youth Dance Programming.
- Supports the Chairs and faculty of the Youth Dance Program, including scheduling, substitutions, student attendance, administrative support, etc.
- Manages the registration process and works in tandem with the Studio Administrator to ensure the timely registration of students and receipt of tuition payments.
- Manages the input of classroom and faculty/pianist scheduling in ASIMUT software program.
- Serves as initial point of contact to families for all TZDI questions and communications.
- Assists the Associate Dean in the management and administration of the Jumpstart Dance program.
- Manages, in concert with Chairs and Deans, in the implementation of Adult Dance Program.
- Assists the Operations Director for all scheduled auditions, performances and special events.
- In concert with Deans, manages the development of marketing and communications including web and social media content.
- Works closely with Production staff to co-produce and attend rehearsals for all performances both on and off campus.
- Coordinates all performance music for the Youth Dance program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with little or no supervision.
- Flexible attitude and approach toward work assignments.
- Able to work under time constraints and pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in education or non-profit management.
- Ability to implement and follow School policies and procedures.
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the arts and/or related office experience.
- Experience providing administrative support in a performing arts environment.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with MS Office, Excel, Outlook, Internet programs.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: $27.00 – $32.00/hour
Benefits: The Colburn School offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, Long Term disability, Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement plan and more. Generous vacation and sick leave policies.
To Apply, visit here by November 11, 2023 with a resume and cover letter.