DAVID NETTO DESIGN
Los Angeles, CA
David Netto Design LLC, an AD100 & Elle Décor A-List boutique Interior Design firm in Highland Park, Los Angeles, seeks a full-time Design Assistant.
The Design Assistant’s main role will be supporting the Designers/Project Managers and by extension the Principal with all aspects of the design process, start to finish. The ideal candidate will be communicative, collaborative, motivated with a keen ability to prioritize, take ownership, and sense where critical help is needed to move design projects along. The Design Assistant has the opportunity to learn about all facets of the design business and join the David Netto Design team during a period of growth for the firm.
The Design Assistant reports directly to the Studio Director.
- Join Designers/PMs as a part of the Design Team, maintaining a big-picture understanding of all project statuses and attending weekly check-in meetings.
- Manage and maintain Studio Inventory of antiques & auction purchases.
- Manage and maintain Studio Sample Library, organizing and replenishing fabric, wallpaper, and finish samples.
- Help source/shop/design for projects.
- Support Designers with making client design presentations.
- Aid Design Team with shipping/logistics, corresponding with East and West Coast storage coordinators and domestic/international shippers.
- Help with drawing furniture plans to scale in AutoCAD and by hand.
- Join Design Team on vendor installations or on-site meetings.
- Assist with furniture installations, managing movers/installers with Designers and Principal and organizing install kit.
- Work with Office Manager to keep entire studio space clean, organized, and styled.
- Work with Office Manager to oversee receiving design-related mail/packages to the studio and sending out via post, messenger, or driving as needed.
- Run design-related errands as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years professional experience in a design or architecture studio.
- Driver’s License and Car.
- Excellent writing skills, organizational and verbal communication.
- Ideally proficient in Mac, Design Manager/Studio Designer, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Dropbox, Google Sheets, Keynote.
- Monday-Friday, 9:30AM-6:30PM, In Person
- PPO Health Insurance, Dental, Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation and Federal holidays off
- Company-wide week off during winter holidays
- Summer Friday half-day between Memorial Day-Labor Day
- In-Office daily lunch included
- $50,000 – $65,000 or more commensurate with experience
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/1/2023