LA COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS FOUNDATION
Los Angeles, CA
The LA County High School for the Arts Foundation, the nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that works in support of the #1 public arts high school in the United States, is seeking an energetic and passionate Development and Events Associate to help support the many public events, performances, festivals, and exhibitions that take place on the school campus and throughout the Greater Los Angeles community. This includes theatre, dance, and music performances; visual arts exhibitions; film festivals; and fundraising events and Galas.
This position serves as a public-facing ambassador of the LACHSA Foundation and LACHSA at these performances and events while managing on-site revenue-generating activities. You will work with and support the LACHSA Foundation team, LACHSA’s dedicated parent and student volunteers, as well as vendors and consultants in facilitating in-person and virtual fundraising activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Regular duties include the following. Additional relevant duties may be assigned, as needed. On an on-going basis:
- Operates systems and procedures for LACHSA performance and event fundraising including:
o Concession sales at LACHSA performances
o Merchandise sales during LACHSA special events
o LACHSA parent-based fundraising campaigns
- Database and Records Management – supports the maintenance of donor files, records, and reports including acknowledgment letters and other general correspondence
- Supports LACHSA Foundation vendors for ticketing, merchandise, and other revenue-generating activities
- Serves Board of Directors and committees as support staff, attends meetings, and performs relevant assignments
- Supports various special events of the organization including the annual Gala and fundraising dinners, mixers, and showcases
- Supports mail, email, and social media fundraising appeals
- Acts as liaison between the Foundation and partner institutions
Supervisory Responsibilities: The position is responsible for directly supervising various fundraising volunteers, and will do so in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- Nonprofit office and development management experience preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good familiarity with standard organizational practice and fundraising strategies utilized by nonprofits
- Ability to develop, organize, plan, budget for office operations and fundraising projects
- Gracious social skills for meetings with board members, donors and guests at special events
- Experience planning, managing vendors for, and executing fundraising special events
- Effective volunteer management
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Degree in an arts or non-profit discipline also preferred.
Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability, ability to lift as required in a normal office environment and for special event set-up and management.
The successful applicant will work well in multicultural teams and with diverse constituencies. They will be self-motivated, work well under pressure, and be able to handle several projects at one time. They will have good judgment and, ideally, a sense of humor.
Weeknight and weekend work during the school year (August – June) will be required. Daytime work in the Foundation Office will balance out a typical 40-hour work week.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 4, 2023.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000/year
This is a salaried exempt position. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, ten paid holidays and three weeks paid vacation.
The LACHSA Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender orientation, or different ability.