The Actors Gang
Culver City, CA
The Actors’ Gang (TAG) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that has been presenting relevant and vibrantly entertaining plays in Los Angeles and worldwide for over 40 years. Our groundbreaking Prison Project is currently in fourteen California prisons, serving incarcerated women, men and children with rehabilitation programs that significantly reduce the recidivism rate. Our Education Department serves 2,500 children in Los Angeles public schools through in-school immersion and after-school programs and by participating in classes that encourage acceptance, respect and team building in a fun, impactful way.
The Actors’ Gang Development and Outreach Manager will work closely with the Development team, Marketing team, and the Board Fundraising Committee to oversee grants and donor relations programs; manage our fundraising initiatives; develop fundraising campaigns; communicate with current and prospective donors. This in-person position involves managing individual and corporate gifts; grants; planned and annual giving campaigns; grant research; and donor relations in addition to other fundraising duties. The Development & Outreach Manager plays a key role in The Actors’ Gang development, fundraising, and outreach activities. This position is an exempt, full-time, minimum of 35 hours per week, and reports to the Managing Director. This is not a work from home position.
- Design, implement and manage all fundraising activities and donor outreach, including annual giving, major gifts, special events and donor appreciation.
- Manage and nurture relationships with current and prospective donors for continued growth in annual giving and major gifts.
- Conduct research on current and potential donors; support our solicitation process, creating prospective donors for special events, creating solicitation materials, and managing mailing logistics
- Oversight of donor acknowledgement process and tracking of incoming gifts, drafting of acknowledgement letters, and management of donor lists.
- Identify unique funding initiatives for donor proposals, grants and sponsorship opportunities.
- Engage our community of supporters by drafting, editing, and distributing communications including newsletters, programmatic updates, and invitations.
- Work closely with Marketing on fundraising newsletters and social media posts.
- Work closely with our grant writer and Development Department to organize and maintain distribution lists for direct mail and email communications.
- Draft and lead critical annual End of Year Appeal.
Help produce compelling events for our donors and Los Angeles community by managing budgets and timelines; drafting invitations, solicitations and other event-related communications; developing preparatory materials for senior staff; support onsite logistics; management and oversight of the creation of guest lists and tracking of RSVPs, acknowledgments and recording of invitations, attendance and giving in our database.
- Management and oversight of database updating of donor records as needed; processing of gifts; generating financial reports and lists; maintaining Board of Directors obligation records; and ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of our data.
- Provide administrative support to Managing Director and grant writer, including running reports for Board meetings and Board committees; managing calendars; processing grant progress and final reports.
- Prepare interim and final reports for grant funders.
Research new grant opportunities.
- Some grant writing for existing grant funders, and some specific to the position.
- Perform other duties as required.
A bachelor’s degree in Philanthropic Studies, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or arts-related field is required.
A minimum of four years of relevant work experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, including donors and a diverse artistic staff are required.
- Initiative, follow through, and ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
- Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office Suite is required.
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with Ovation or other donor databases is highly desirable.
- Experience with event planning, community engagement, and philanthropy is highly desirable.
- Oversee our annual fundraising appeal.
- Identify prospective individual, foundation, government, and corporate donors/grants and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Maintain ongoing communications with grantors and private, government, and corporate donors.
- Research donor relation programs at local, state and federal institutions.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising initiatives.
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with Marketing.
$70k / Annual
Full Time, Exempt, 35 hour minimum per week
Benefits: Health, Dental, a low cost Vision option, paid Vacation
To Apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line: Development and Outreach by October 20, 2023.
The Actors’ Gang is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. The Actors’ Gang makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.