Antaeus Theatre Company
Antaeus Theatre Company is an actor-driven theater company that explores and produces timely and timeless works, grounded in our passion for the Classics. We illuminate diverse human experiences through performance, training and outreach. We believe in the transformative power of live theater.
Antaeus is located at the Kiki & David Gindler Performing Arts Center in Downtown Glendale, CA and is a leading intimate theater in Los Angeles. The center includes an 80-seat theater, a reconfigurable 36-seat black box space, and a theater library. The current annual fundraising goal is approximately $1.1 million, and the company produces four productions a year.
Antaeus seeks a full-time Development Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Producing Executive Director, the Development Manager is responsible for managing both the company’s short-term and long-term fundraising strategies. The successful candidate will have a passion for theater, be highly motivated, extremely organized, and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.This is an onsite position, with flexibility to accommodate offsite activities, and will require occasional work in the evening and on the weekend.
● Support Antaeus’s annual development plan to sustain and grow the donor base across all contributed income areas including, but not limited to the annual fund, major gifts, special events, and corporate and institutional giving. Analyze both quantitative and qualitative performance against the fundraising plan.
● Create and execute the Annual Fund plan including, but not limited to direct mail
appeals, tax receipts, special appeals, gift entry, and acknowledgement letters. Ensures that all correspondence is accurate and sent in a timely manner.
● Manage an assigned portfolio of current and prospective donors through meetings,
phone calls, and other donor cultivation strategies. Performs donor research.
● Provides comprehensive, timely and innovative donor cultivation and stewardship.
Elevates the importance of stewarding all gifts and programs in ways that strengthen the donors’ interest in, satisfaction with, and commitment to Antaeus.
● Oversees donor cultivation and stewardship events including Opening Night
Celebrations, Season Announcement Party, and other donor events. Oversees creation
and delivery of invitations, tracks RSVPs, and works with caterers and outside vendors.
● Tracks grant deadlines for prospective and current funders. Works with contracted grant writer to edit, assemble, and submit all applications and reporting materials in a timely manner, ensuring proper approvals have been secured.
● Drafting, proofreading and editing materials as needed.
● Answering phones and assisting with ticketing requests.
● Exhibiting appropriate etiquette and timeliness in all matters.
● Demonstrating good work habits including punctuality, adherence to workplace policies, preparedness for meetings and events, responsiveness to all donor, audience, and supervisor requests.
● 2 years of experience with fundraising and/or theater administration required
● Professional writing skills with keen attention to detail
● Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with proficiency in Excel and Word
● Experience with CRM, database or box office systems, and/or an aptitude for learning
new software and systems quickly
● Exceptional organizational skills; ability to track and manage complex schedules and
priorities, including long-term projects, time-sensitive objectives, and daily tasks
● Strong interpersonal skills, with a polished public-facing demeanor
● Appreciates and is enthusiastic about theater and the important role that cultural
organizations play in the life of a vibrant community. Must be able to balance the many
challenges inherent in working in a growing, fast-paced intimate theater environment.
● An attitude that is friendly, responsive, and highly-responsible. Comfortable taking
initiative and accepting direction
● Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
To apply, please send your cover letter with demonstrable accomplishments and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Development Manager” by 8/31/23. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Starting pay for this position will be $26-28/hr. Benefits include: medical insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
All employees at Antaeus Theatre Company undertake other duties as needed and all positions require flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends. One of Antaeus’s guiding values is Inclusivity: We are committed to creating a welcoming environment and deeper inclusion within our company. Antaeus strives for diversity through Company membership, Board membership, staff, inclusive casting, choice of artistic material, and through our community engagement. We are a space where all voices are heard. To support our hiring goal of identifying a highly qualified and diverse pool of candidates, we strongly encourage applicants from communities that are underrepresented in the American Theatre to apply. For more information about Antaeus’s mission, programs, and activities, please visit our website at www.antaeus.org.