Los Angeles, California
The Broad is an internationally renowned contemporary art museum founded by philanthropists Eli and Edythe Broad on Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles. Designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Gensler, the museum offers free general admission. The Broad is home to the 2,000 works of art in the Broad Collection, which is among the most prominent holdings of postwar and contemporary art worldwide and presents an active program of rotating temporary exhibitions and innovative audience engagement. The 120,000-square-foot building features two floors of gallery space and is the headquarters of The Broad Art Foundation’s worldwide lending library, which has actively loaned collection works to museums around the world since 1984. Since opening in September 2015, The Broad has welcomed more than 4 million visitors, and has one of the youngest, most diverse audiences of any museum in the country.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Technology underpins the activities of all staff who make the museum’s exhibitions and programs possible. The Director, Technology helps enable the full spectrum of the museum’s work by providing and optimizing the infrastructure for ticket sales, marketing automations, our retail presence, and more, and ensuring an ideal digital experience before, during, and after each visit. The role is key to the success of each employee and the museum as whole. The Director, Technology reports to the COO and serves as the voice of technology institution-wide. The position will set and implement a cohesive, forward-looking strategy for the technology ecosystem for the Museum, lead the execution of digital initiatives that support visitor experience and audience engagement, and lead the technology-focused staff with the goal of supporting the museum’s mission. The Director will lead the design, optimization, and implementation of key technical processes across the organization and oversee the maintenance of both hardware and software.
The successful Director will possess high emotional intelligence, be a strategic and critical thinker who serves as an articulate spokesperson for the objectives and ambitions of the institution. They will be a curious listener who can translate complex technology problems and solutions for a variety of audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with leadership and departments to assess and understand technology needs and create the technology strategic plan.
- Understand The Broad’s business model and mission to drive technological and digital innovations that enhance the museum operations.
- Hire, lead and empower all technology personnel. This includes an Applications Manager, Help Desk Engineer, and any outside service providers.
- Develop and manage budgets for technology labor, hardware, and software.
- Provide leadership for the full lifecycle of the Museum’s technology investments including major software systems supporting:
- § Ticketing (Ticketure)
- § Retail (Shopify, Teamwork)
- § Client Relationship Management (SalesForce)
- § Collections Management (Embark)
- § Digital Asset Management
- § Webservers (public website, mobile guide, building control systems, telecommunications)
- § Human Capital Management (Paylocity)
- § Finance & Accounting (Sage Intacct)
- Hardware Platforms including:
- § VMWare
- § Hybrid Office 365 Environment
- § Museum Wide Wi-Fi and Communications
- § Network, Routers and Firewall
- Manage desktop support operations, information security, data and governance, application lifecycles, remote access and technology training.
- Develop policies, procedures and documentation resources for staff.
- Evaluate technology proposals and potential technology projects.
- As appropriate, present technology initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Technology, including team leadership experience.
- Interest in museums, cultural institutions, or nonprofits.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the technology landscape for cultural organizations.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills.
- Creative, analytical, energetic team player and self-starter with a strong desire to succeed.
- Strong inclusive leadership skills with proven ability to work effectively and positively with technical and nontechnical staff across all organizational levels and disciplines, as well as with external contacts.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and interact with staff at all levels and board members with a collaborative mindset.
- Experience in selecting and supporting applications for museum departments.
- Previous experience leading or overseeing CRM implementations.
- Additional certifications a plus, including Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator.
- Previous experience with Salesforce, Ticketure and/or Teamwork Retail is a plus.
- Experience implementing a digital audience engagement strategy
- Approach work with integrity and honesty.
- Support and demonstrate the museum’s culture of developing a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment for staff, contract staff, vendors, and visitors.
- All employees of The Broad are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain exemptions as required by law. All newly hired staff must show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination within 45 days of hire. Please contact Human Resources if you have questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check.
Benefits: Employees hired into this position are eligible for the following benefits: medical, vision, dental, employee assistant program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, retirement, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability. Additional benefits may include employee discount at The Shop, free parking or annual free personalized LA Metro pass or bike stipend or walk stipend, discounts at local eateries, and more.
Salary: The range for this position is $152,200 to $160,000. Employees can expect to work 40 hours each week.
To Apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 22, 2023.
Physical abilities to perform all core functions and duties, including the ability to talk; hear; stand; walk; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; push; pull; reach; lift up to 30 pounds; manual dexterity including but not limited to the ability to feel, finger, and/or grasp; central and peripheral vision; visual acuity including but not limited to color vision, depth perception, close vision, distance vision, and visual acuity to view a computer monitor; visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle, tools, and/or specialty equipment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Broad is an equal opportunity employer, and we aspire to reflect the diversity of Los Angeles in both our staff and our visitors. It is the practice of The Broad to offer equal opportunity consistent with applicable federal and state law in all aspects of employment. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, medical condition (as defined by California law and including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), actual or perceived), genetic information, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, having filed a discrimination complaint or any other status protected by applicable law. The Broad believes that by actively building a diverse workforce we can innovate, inspire, and engage with the widest possible audience.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and the ADAAA.