The Individual Giving Manager will expand and diversify the current annual giving programs that include membership and individual giving objectives. This new position will work in partnership across departments to broaden the American Cinematheque’s circle of friends and supporters through outreach and engagement, development of new contacts and strategic planning of membership and fundraising campaigns. This role will oversee the Strategic Data Specialist and the Membership, and Audience Experience Coordinator.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, keen attention to detail, and a strong work ethic, as well as a sincere passion for film which is the heart of the American Cinematheque mission. The ideal candidate must be a creative and innovative thinker, demonstrating a service-oriented demeanor and be motivated by planning, donor engagement, and working collaboratively with staff and outside consultants.
This position is in-person at the AC offices in Hollywood, CA, with travel to all theatre and event locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a portfolio of mid-level individual members and donors ($400 – $10,000) through a robust moves management cycle, including identifying appropriate opportunities for the Executive Director and other leaders to cultivate donors.
- Writes an annual fund plan each year; works to increase member retention, combined with membership growth, and develops strategy to double annual goal by 2025.
- Collaborates with Strategic Data Specialist to maximize donor and prospect research.
- Assists in development of customized individual donor proposals to increase giving from prospective and existing donors with a focus on leveraging AC’s robust programming and initiatives, such as film festivals, special programs and youth education.
- Maintains and tracks accurate and updated donor information in the Salesforce database, and adheres to data entry standard procedures.
- Develops a donation acknowledgement system, as well as oversees year-end tax letters and other related and broad membership and donor communications.
- Representing the AC at select screenings and events to meet with members and donors, as well as coordinating stewardship / membership and fundraising events – occasional work on nights and weekends.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3-5 years successful experience in membership/audience development or other annual giving programs.
- Demonstrates close personal alignment with AC’s mission and values.
- Possesses creativity and flexibility in approaching fundraising.
- Strong, active listening skills.
- Organized, proactive, solutions-driven, quick on your feet and a great team player.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards and adheres to fundraising best practices.
- Committed to high standards of professionalism, quality of work, and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with CRM; Donor Search softwares is a plus.
- Technologically savvy—MS Suite, Google Workspace, and Project Management tools like Trello, Asana, etc.
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills. Collaborative with the ability to take feedback from a wide variety of team members.
- Excellent people-management skills; able to delegate tasks effectively.
- In tune with the film & entertainment industry, knowledge of cinema history & strong interest in contemporary cinema.
- A passion for the theatrical experience is a must. In short, you love going to the movies!
Apply Here by August 31st, 2023