EAST WEST PLAYERS
Los Angeles, CA
Direct Report: PR & Marketing Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt | Part-Time | Hourly
Compensation: $22-25/hour commensurate with experience
Schedule up to 25 hours/week
East West Players, Inc. (EWP) is a non-profit organization with a mission of producing artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences.
EWP seeks a Marketing Associate with strong aesthetic and design sensibilities to support the activities of the Marketing Department. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and detail oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills. Candidate should have familiarity with Los Angeles theater and arts organizations; a general understanding of marketing principles; and knowledge of research techniques and databases.
This role will predominantly focus on social media, content management, and graphic design. This is an in-person position with the occasional need to work weekends or evenings as events and performances may require. The position provides some hybrid flexibility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate in the designing and execution of social media and communication strategy, based on current trends and up to date best practices.
- Maintain EWP’s social media calendar.
- Produce video content with a focus on audience engagement and growth utilizing current programming and EWP history.
- Create physical and digital collateral including but not limited to programs, mailers, promotional flyers, etc.
- Ability to occasionally lift approximately 30 lbs. preferred but not required.
- Assist with other tasks to facilitate the smooth operation of the department to achieve its goals.
- Graphic design experience with software such as Canva & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with printing specifications, vendors, and best practices.
- Content creation and familiarity with Instagram, Tik Tok, etc. trends.
- Video editing with software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or iMovie.
- Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Competency with HTML and experience with web design.
- Illustration experience, a plus.
- Proficiency with marketing software/applications (Salesforce/PatronManager), social media scheduling applications, online analytics, etc., a plus.
Candidates should email a resume and cover letter in a single PDF file with “Marketing Associate” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/30/23. No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be considered, and we will respond only to those applications in which we have interest.
Note: work samples will be requested if the candidate advances to the second interview.
Hiring Immediately. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as they are able, and EWP will review on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EWP provides all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.