HEIDI DUCKLER DANCE
Los Angeles, CA
Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD) seeks a dedicated Marketing Coordinator to work closely with our Director of Development & Communications on all Marketing and Communication efforts. Must have a passion for live performance, connecting with surrounding communities, experience in copywriting, excellent oral and writing skills, graphic design, social media management and a keen interest in building your PR toolkit. Critical to the success of this position is the development of strong working relationships with the Development and Communications team as well as external press outlets and community leaders.
With minimal supervision, the Marketing Coordinator provides support in planning, coordinating, and implementing HDD’s marketing plan. Develop external written communications, manage all social media accounts, and design and coordinate media relations materials and efforts.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and support creative publicity campaigns for Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD)
programming and initiatives including proactively pitching story ideas to targeted media in
trade publications, newspapers, magazines, radio, and online media
- Write clear, compelling press releases, alerts, and pitch letters for external audiences
- Draft, edit, and proofread a wide range of communications materials including website, email, eblast and brochure content
- Coordinate with educational and professional programming staff on key programming and
- Establish relationships with targeted local and national media outlets
- Monitor, distribute, and archive press placements
- Coordinate production of Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD) digital newsletters and contribute to
- Source photography and other media needs for all performances
- Collect program notes from artists and build out digital programs
- Assist with related marketing and communications tasks
- Manage Google analytics/Google ads and pull reports for data collection
- Manage the upkeep of the website
Please note that this position will be based at the Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD) offices. Evening and weekends as needed.
In order to be successful, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and
- Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and skills in conceptual editing, copy editing, and proof reading.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across campus
- Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood.
- Excellent computer skills are required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity
with Adobe Photoshop; basic HTML; and social media platforms.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28, 2023.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD), we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. Let us know in your cover letter how your experience makes you a good fit for us. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD) is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
$25.00-$35.00, dependent on experience, 24-30 hours per week