Los Angeles, California
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, the Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts (CSPA), the Colburn Music Academy and Colburn Dance, and is a leader in community engagement through its Center for Innovation and Community Impact.
The Colburn School’s mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
Working 28 hours per week, maintains primary responsibility for student registration and records and related activities including calculation of faculty teaching hours for the Community School of Performing Arts (CSPA). Prepares and monitors CSPA department budget and analyzes and explains variances. Ensures CSPA is on track to meet financial goals. Reviews financial aid applications and serves on Financial Aid Committee. Work hours may include evenings and weekends.
- Working knowledge of general office administrative procedures.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven commitment to quality customer service.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks, despite numerous interruptions.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- High level of diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Ability to maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards work assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant work experience preferred. Experience may substitute for education.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral communications skills.
- Good PC skills (word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Background in music and performing arts which may be obtained either as a student or through work experience. College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Monday through Thursday schedule preferred but can be flexible.
Salary: $25 to $30 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Free parking or commuter allowance
Apply Online Here by September 30, 2023