Arts for LA (AFLA) activates artists and organizations and leads communities to advocate for an equitable, healthy, and creative Los Angeles region through the arts.
AFLA seeks a part-time Executive Assistant to support the CEO. This person is also a liaison to the Board of Directors and for staff on administrative matters of the organization. The Executive Assistant will continue to build and execute the operational and financial processes and systems of AFLA in partnership with the CEO. Responsibilities include:
Board Liaison (30%)
- Board Management, including
- Facilitate board recruitment process in partnership with the Board Chair and CEO
- Onboard and off-board board members and track board terms.
- Administer annual conflict of interest and disclosure forms, stewardship policy and demographic surveys.
- Board meeting preparation, including meeting virtual meeting spaces, venues, agendas, minutes, material prep, and follow-up.
- Propose and manage an annual board calendar of meetings and committee meetings.
- Attend AFLA team meetings and CEO meetings when needed and lead timely follow-ups to meetings.
- Manage, schedule, and update the CEO’s calendar.
- Draft, review and send regular board + key stakeholder communications on behalf of the CEO.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Prioritize CEO emails and respond when necessary.
- Maintain various records and documents for the CEO.
- Support with maintaining the organization’s CRMs and ensuring regular updates and backup of information.
- Lead monthly income and expense coding and monthly credit card reconciliation in collaboration with CEO and external accounting firm.
- With support from staff, draft and maintain the annual AFLA master calendar, and keep the calendar up-to-date regularly.
- Schedule internal meetings with staff and external meetings that require multiple staff members.
- Timesheet reminder, collection, and bi-monthly roll-ups; submit the report to payroll.
- Help coordinate the annual 990 process for timely submission.
- Manage Google Shared Folder and ensure it is being updated regularly by staff
- Lead a monthly process of updating key succession documents, including Stakeholder Management, Document and Information Inventory List, and Staff Cross-Training Intakes.
- Support major annual projects/events – conferences; collective impact work.
- Support the implementation of AFLA’s current strategic plan and mid-year organizational goals checkpoints, including the coordinating logistics of our annual off-site retreat.
- Support AFLA’s individual and organizational membership coding via a digital tracking system, including data entry for the new CRM system.
- Manage accounts payable utilizing the bill.com platform for programs and organizational expenses.
- Share in the day-to-day operations of the organization as it relates to the duties of the position or as in the normal course of the running of the office as do the other staff members (i.e. logistics etc.)
ELIGIBILITY: Ideal candidates should hold the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in administration and/or operations.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends.
- Confident decision-making skills and collaborative spirit.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to efficiently and clearly communicate complex information in writing.
- Excellent professional judgment.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Juggle multiple tasks with ease and grace.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of professionals; particularly experience interacting with nonprofit boards.
- Strong organizational, project, and time-management skills.
- Ready to thrive in a work culture with the following characteristics: collaboration and learning, data-driven practices, direct feedback, documentation, due diligence and preparation, professionalism and kindness, self-reflection, strategic thinking, and vulnerability.
Preferred, but not required skills:
- Awareness of the Los Angeles arts community and local government structures.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
This is an hourly position paying $24.17 per hour, depending on experience, and includes benefits such as accrued vacation and sick time and a monthly work-from-home expense reimbursement package. This position is part-time but may increase to full-time over time.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume, cover letter, and list of contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Executive Assistant.” no later than July 14, 2023.
Arts for LA are equal employment opportunity employers and we strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Arts for LA do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.