Santa Monica, CA
The Patron Services team is a critical component for upholding the values of creativity, learning, and belonging at BroadStage. This team’s focus is primarily the patron’s ticket-buying experience — from first informational phone call to will-call pickup. Under the supervision of the Patron Services Manager and Box Office Supervisor, Patron Services Associates execute the organization’s customer service strategy while upholding our unending mission to provide and ensure that all patrons of BroadStage are provided a theatre experience that is safe, inclusive, and enjoyable. In addition, Patron Services Associates assist with daily reporting and other administrative tasks.
- Provide outstanding customer service to promote a great patron experience
- Conduct ticket sales, exchanges and other transactions over the phone and in person
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reports and other administrative tasks
- Answer patrons’ questions concerning events, schedules, directions, etc.
- Work will-call window prior to performances, at our venues, off-site and virtually from the office
- Process payments, accepting cash, check or credit card; ensure control of monies received at all times
- Print tickets; verify accuracy and non-duplication of seats, dates and venue; accurately package and mail tickets
- Resolve patron concerns; clarify the complaint, determine the cause, and select and explain the best solution or seek advice from a supervisor; expedite correction or adjustment; follow up to ensure resolution
- Properly respond to and archive emails sent to the Patron Services email alias
- Maintain and update patron database
- Assist Concessions and Front of House departments, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Flexible schedule, including a mix of availability for administrative shifts (Monday-Friday, 12-6pm) and box office shifts (evenings and weekends).
- Experience, ability, and commitment to working with individuals and teams that are mixed across lines of difference such as race, gender-identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigration status
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service experience, live event ticketing environment preferred
- Ability to communicate well and follow instructions both orally and in writing
- Genuine interest in performing arts events
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
- Takes initiative; can work well independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience with PatronManager ticketing software or Salesforce CRM platform a plus
How to Apply: Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7/31/2023. Please include “Patron Services Associate” in the subject line of the email, and tell us your favorite piece of performance art (theatre, dance, music, etc) in the body of the email. At BroadStage, we believe that the performing arts are a source of joy, nourishment and connection, and that art flourishes when we all cooperate to create a space for it. BroadStage recognizes that the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, access, justice and respect must be fundamental to our work, and it is the responsibility of our staff, artists and patrons to create a welcoming environment for all. We take pride in the culture we are cultivating within our organization, as we celebrate the differences that bring us closer together. BroadStage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants for employment will have full and equal access to employment opportunities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit at a desk for 4-6 hours
Specific vision abilities required by this job include focusing on and working from a computer screen and switching back and forth between multiple windows on the screen
Telephone and headset-assisted conversations with patrons are frequent, usually while also using a computer
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment can be quiet to very noisy
The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms
The employee may have to climb one or more flights of stairs
This position is part time, 10-24 hours a week, with a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.