Venice Arts seeks a part-time Program Coordinator to join our Center for Creative Workforce
Equity’s (CCWE) team. This position plays a pivotal part in our mission to provide free, high-caliber education, internships, jobs, and related creative pathway programs to talented low-income young people, ages 18-24. The successful candidate is pro-active, highly organized, enjoys multitasking and engaging with a variety of people. If you are passionate about education and community engagement, please apply now.
Working under the Center’s Director, the Coordinator is responsible for a wide range of cyclical tasks with the following roles and responsibilities:
Program Admin Support
- Maintain updated enrollment forms and program info, ensuring that both are
accurate and accessible for participants and employers
- Maintain the annual program and event calendar, including production calendars
that help ensure the smooth operations of programs and initiatives
- Maintain internal databases (student, employer, partner), using AirTable and Excel;
external databases (CalJobs) as required; pull reports as requested; and provide
data in a timely manner for entry into the organization-wide database
- Assist with preparations for the Digital Storytelling Fellowship and Editing
Pre-apprenticeship programs, ensuring that all logistics are coordinated smoothly
(student packets, teaching materials, classroom set-up, equipment, etc.)
- Proctor Adobe Premiere Pro Certification exams
- Handle all communications with program participants and alumni, addressing their
questions, concerns, and placement needs
- Coordinate all outreach activities for each program or event to ensure robust
participation, including to alumni, community partners, and others as directed
Internships, Apprenticeships, Jobs
- Once employer partners are established by the Director, coordinate formal
onboarding, including ensuring that partners understand the mechanisms of
placement through Venice Arts’ workforce partners (LA County, South Bay
Workforce Investment Board, GEI/Group Effort Initiative), and that worksite and all
other paperwork is completed and received
- Onboard interns placed with workforce partners; check in with partners/students to
assure all is going smoothly; facilitate youth and employer evaluations
- Maintain regular communications with students/alumni about internships,
apprenticeships and jobs, assuring résumés are received by sector partners
- Coordinate the logistics of the annual Creative Conversations series, which puts industry creatives and other professionals in front of students to discuss their insights and perspectives. This includes securing presenter bios, creating registration forms, managing reminders, assuring back-end tech, and timely coordination with Venice Arts’ comms team.
- You have a background in filmmaking; prior experience in community-based arts education a strong plus.
- You are exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, enjoy logistics, and are a self
Proficiency with Apple computers and software—especially Adobe
Suite—and familiarity with a range of camera, sound, and peripheral equipment, required.
- You are personable, have excellent communication skills, and are comfortable working with a wide range of individuals, partners, and community organizations.
- You are experienced with a variety of business software used for data entry, spreadsheets, and file management; familiarity with Google Drive and G Suite required, and experience with Filemaker Pro and/or AirTable a plus.
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. This is a 100% on-site, in-person position that requires COVID-19 vaccination. The position may offer an opportunity for full-time work in the New Year.
Salary: This is a part-time, non-exempt (hourly) position that starts at $23/hour. Benefits include vacation time-off, compensated sick time, an opportunity to contribute to a 401(k), and more. The work schedule is generally Monday-Friday, although the schedule may be adjusted to accommodate program schedules.
To Apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 27, 2023