The Peace Studio
Santa Monica, CA
Program Lead – Artist as Catalyst (AAC) Los Angeles
December 2023 – May 2024 (part-time temporary)
ABOUT THE PEACE STUDIO
Established in 2020, The Peace Studio (TPS) is a national non-profit (501c3) organization that develops artists and journalists who seek to inspire hope and catalyze transformative social change. At the heart of our work is the belief that artists and journalists are the ones best positioned to respond to a violent world. Their stories and work will either shape our culture towards greater justice and peace, or away from it. Since its founding, TPS has served more than 350 artists and journalists to this end, providing them with funding, tools, mentorship, and platforms to create the change they wish to see in their own communities. You can learn more at thepeacestudio.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Peace Studio is seeking a part-time, contracted Program Lead to curate and facilitate a new Artist as Catalyst (AAC) program in Los Angeles in May 2024. A successful applicant will be someone deeply rooted in the Greater LA community with clear experience working with and facilitating programs for artists. They will be excited by the opportunity to become the first LA AAC Program Lead and will bring a wealth of ideas and their own personal artist network into shaping this inaugural program, while also utilizing the previous version of this program done in Miami as a framework and guide. They will also be collaborative and ambitious, and care deeply about the space created to serve LA’s incredible emerging artists.
The Program Lead will report directly to The Peace Studio’s Programs Manager, and will work in tandem with a local, part-time Community Engagement Coordinator. The role is an independent contractor position lasting 6 months.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Artist as Catalyst (AAC) Program, originally born in Miami and now making its way to LA and other communities in 2024, is an immersive, four-day experience for emerging artists living and working in the Greater Los Angeles area that are interested in making a positive social impact with their art. 40 young Catalysts, between the ages of 18-26, are selected each year to partake in studio classes, keynote conversations, and interactive workshops on the themes of Artistry, Citizenship, and Entrepreneurship. The program benefits those young artists who are looking to build community around the questions: How do I make great art, make a living, and make a difference?
The program is to be held in Santa Monica, CA near Ocean Avenue. More details on our hosting partner will be announced in November. All four days of programming will be free of charge to all participants.
- Propose program content and schedule
- Select and engage all Program Presenters
- Assist in application outreach strategy and program promotion
- Lead and set an agenda for all program-specific team meetings
- Project manage the production process with the support of the Peace Studio Programs Manager, including the creation of the program Run of Show
- Act as the primary liaison with program facilitators and vendors
- Propose additional panelists (2) for the application review process
- Facilitate the program
- Participate in the selection of and directly supervise a Production Intern
- Potentially attend one local fundraiser in the months leading up to the program to speak with donors about the 2024 Catalyst program
- Conduct post program evaluation and generate a post program report
- Must reside in the greater Los Angeles, CA area
- 3-5 Years experience in producing arts/cultural programming
- Knowledge of the LA arts landscape
- Proven engagement within the LA arts community
- Experience in program facilitation and public speaking
- Proficiency in G-suite, particularly Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Comfortable with social media platforms particularly Instagram
COMPENSATION & TIME COMMITMENT
This is an independent contractor position with total project fee between $15,000 and $20,000 based on experience
You will need to be available full-time for the duration of the program itself, which is likely to be held May 22-25, 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Visit here to submit your resume and short cover letter by November 10, 2023.