Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Receptionist
Department: General Administration
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer and Facilities Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: $18.00 to $20.00/hour
Schedule: On-site, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm
The Receptionist will be the first point of contact and welcome and greet all visitors to the institution. This position will answer questions and provide information to SCI-Arc’s visitors, students, faculty and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors, students, faculty and visitors courteously; answer questions, give directions and monitor visitor access
- Answer the main line for the institution, and route calls to appropriate departments or persons, retrieve messages from general voice mail box and distribute accordingly
- Perform general office duties such as generate postage, shipping, receiving, distributing mail and faxes, filing, photocopying, collating, ordering office supplies, and facilitating office machine maintenance and repair service
- Compose routine correspondence; conduct research and compile statistical reports as needed
- Generate ID cards and maintain building access card system, and issue parking passes, work with Security to monitor parking passes
- Coordinate SCI-Arc’s Campus Dog Policy and registration process; keep a database of approved dogs on campus.
- Assist with annual tuition survey of peer institutions.
- Work with Registrar to schedule classrooms each semester; maintain classroom charts and update staff calendar
- Monitor Staff and Faculty break rooms; order supplies, make morning coffee, assess for maintenance needs
- Support with annual events such as Graduation, Spring Show, and Main Event as needed
- Handle information management in emergency situations
- Communicate to facilities and maintenance crew regarding issues, cleaning, or maintenance needs brought to your attention
- Schedule food trucks weekly for student population
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience in a customer-oriented environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Customer service demeanor, pleasant phone manner and an understanding of the role of customer service in the success of the institute are essential
- Must possess great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task successfully
- Demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities
- Experience with multi-line phone systems preferred
SCI-Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity
Benefits: We offer a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
To Apply, please submit an application via our online portal here by December 09, 2023.