LUIS DE JESUS LOS ANGELES
Los Angeles, CA
Luis De Jesus Los Angeles seeks a Sales Director to join our small and energetic team. This is an excellent opportunity for a confident, friendly, articulate, organized and detail-oriented professional with a strong and proven sales record in contemporary art. The Sales Director is responsible for developing and executing sales at the gallery, art fairs, and other sales-driven platforms or opportunities.
This position requires a BA or MA in Art History, Fine Art or related field, savvy business acumen, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a minimum of two years of continuous work experience in a comparable sales position at a contemporary art gallery. The position reports to the gallery Partners and Senior Director.
The qualified candidate will engage in the following responsibilities:
- Represent the gallery in a professional, polished and knowledgeable manner; an established client base is welcomed.
- Provide personable service; develop relationships with new and established collectors, museum curators and trustees, and industry professionals.
- Engage daily through direct phone and email contact to Identify and develop new business leads and sales opportunities; build a loyal client base through
effective prospecting and sales follow-up.
- Educate prospects of gallery artists and their careers.
- Meet or exceed sales goals; challenge individual targets.
- Liaise with gallery artists; conduct studio visits.
- Stay abreast of artists careers and developments in the art market in order to communicate
confidently and effectively with clients.
- Working with gallery Partners and Senior Director, seek and develop new artists for the gallery.
- Contribute to and support the curation and planning of gallery exhibitions and art fair presentations.
- Assist with artist talks, dinners, and other on- and off-site events.
- Must be available to work gallery openings, art fairs, etc.
- We are a team, so you will need to be flexible and pitch in other areas as needed.
- Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday, 11am-6pm; Saturday, 10am-6pm.
Additionally, qualified candidates must have solid experience with Microsoft Office, Mac systems, and Adobe Creative Suite. Salary commensurate with experience. Pay includes salary, plus sales commission and bonuses; paid sick days, two weeks’ vacation and holidays.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/1/2023. No phone calls or walk-ins.
65000-75000 plus commission