Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra (LACO) is seeking an organized and driven development professional to serve as the Senior Manager of Annual Giving. This individual will serve as part of a seasoned team of three that is committed to growing philanthropic support at the nation’s premier chamber orchestra. To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The primary responsibility for this role is donor engagement, stewardship, and solicitation focused on individual donors up to $10,000. Demonstrable, critical skills for a successful candidate include strong interpersonal skills as there is particular emphasis on outreach with donors and growing revenue from annual funds and mid-level supporters. Solicitations will be made in person, over the phone, and via mail and email. This role will collaborate with colleagues from the artistic and marketing departments to lead LACO’s 25+ year new music commissioning program, Sound Investment.
This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors who give up to $10,000 annually; maintain personal contacts and involvement activities for these donors.
- Work in coordination with the Director of Development and communications team to design and manage direct marketing efforts focused on messaging to annual fund and mid-level donors, including multiple direct mail/email appeals annually and regular digital communication.
- In coordination with Director of Development, achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Three to five years of progressive professional fundraising experience required or commensurate; a background in performing arts and working knowledge of classical music is a plus.
- Experience engaging directly with donors and employing moves management processes to encourage increased giving.
- The individual should have experience building out successful donor acquisition and annual fund engagement programs.
- Comfort with managing up and communicating your ideas and recommendations clearly and convincingly.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to offer creative solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel) and knowledge of and experience with CRM databases (Patron Manager and/or Salesforce CRM software a plus).
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
Compensation and Culture:
The compensation range for this position is commensurate with experience, between $75,000 – 90,000. Benefits include generous paid vacation days, personal days, and sick time, as well as health, vision, and dental insurance, 403(b) with a 3% match, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Ability to work from home effectively and efficiently in addition to LACO’s regular, required in-office attendance. A primary laptop computer for work at-home and in-office is provided. Valid driver’s license is required.
The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds, and we actively engage in organizational reforms toward creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. We will not discriminate and will enact measures to ensure against discrimination based on race, color, gender, gender expression/identity, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, criminal conviction, or sexual orientation.
Current and complete COVID-19 vaccination is required and a condition of employment. Consideration for reasonable exceptions will be made. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via email to email@example.com.
Salary Range: 75,000 – 90,000
Benefits include generous paid vacation days, personal days, and sick time, as well as health, vision, and dental insurance, 403(b) with a 3% match, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter of introduction outlining your specific experience and qualifications and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration please apply by September 30, 2023. Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please. Background checks will be required on all final candidates.