Torrance Art Museum
The Senior Program Specialist will serve as the Social Media and Volunteer Coordinator. The Senior Program Specialist will be responsible for social media engagement and volunteer development related to visual arts at the Torrance Art Museum.
Hours: This is a recurrent, part-time, non-civil service, as needed position. Hours are flexible but concentrated around exhibitions. This position may be expected to work some evenings and weekends.
Any combination of education and experience that would have provided the required knowledge and skills such as:
Graduation from High School or equivalent and two years of increasingly responsible part-time experience at the level of a Program Specialist. A BA/BS in Recreation, Cultural Studies, or a related field is desirable. Some positions may require specific experience and/or education/certification in a field such as: recreation, fine or performing arts, art history, sports, early childhood education, adaptive recreation, senior citizens, parks or science programs.
Some positions may require the following certifications: A valid California Class C Driver’s License.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with social media platforms and online marketing for museum and gallery environments;
- Knowledge of contemporary visual arts;
- Principles and practices used in the exhibition and interpretation of artwork; experience in volunteer development
- Excellent customer service;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those met during the course of work.
- Supervisory experience is desired.
HOW TO APPLY & EXAM PROCESS
Interested candidates must submit an online application and supplemental questionnaire at www.TorranceCA.Gov/Jobs. Application submission will be accepted on a continuous basis until the position is filled. First review of applications will be those received by January 7, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. If a sufficient number of qualified applications are received by the first review date, there is the possibility that the recruitment may close at that time.
This is an at-will, recurrent, part-time, non-civil service, as needed position. Hours are flexible but concentrated around exhibitions.
$23.45-$25.85 an hour