Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Staff Accountant performs day to day and month-end accounting functions including creating and maintaining schedules, processing journal entries, reconciling accounts, performing general ledger analyses, and preparing financial reports. Maintains general ledger accounts and provides accounting guidance on business transactions, applying GAAP appropriately. Works under moderate supervision.
- Understand underlying business and related processes as foundation for responsibilities.
- Enter cash receipts data for posting, including uploads of contributed revenue and box office revenue sub-ledger data.
- Verify and post weekly payroll batches to general ledger.
- Update bank reports on a daily basis, including cash inflows/outflows and outstanding check list. Upload Positive Pay files to bank for released AP or payroll checks.
- Prepare ticket sales and box office reports.
- Assist with the month end, quarter end, and year end close processes, i.e. prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, general ledger analysis, and audit schedules.
- Prepare journal entries based on review of supporting reconciliations and schedules
- Performs accounts receivable, accounts payable and reconciliations of bank, credit cards and investment account functions as needed to maintain an efficient accounting department supporting agency mission and functions.
- Maintains fixed asset schedule and prepares depreciation/amortization entries.
- Prepare Sales & Use Tax monthly (pre)payments and quarterly returns.
- Prepare schedules for federal, state and local tax and informational returns; compile financial data for surveys and grant reporting.
- Prepare monthly departmental financial reports for distribution.
- Assist with analyzing and researching income statement and balance sheet fluctuations, and provide commentary for management reporting.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the Accounting Manager and/or Controller.
Benefits: CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program.
Salary: $61,000-$66,575 annually
To Apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12, 2023.