Los Angeles, CA
At The Broad, our mission is to make our collection accessible to the widest possible audience. The Social Media Manager will help us work toward this mission by growing our audience and deepening connections with our existing followers. They will develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy that reflects the museum’s innovative and welcoming ethos.
Employees can expect to work 40 hours each week.
The social Media Manager will have a regular, full-time schedule, Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
- Social Media Strategy: Develop and execute an innovative social media strategy aligned with the museum’s goals, vision, and identity with audience engagement and growth as lead objectives.
- Social Campaigns: Plan and execute creative social campaigns to promote museum exhibitions, events, educational programs, special initiatives, and institutional storytelling. Collaborate with other teams to ensure effective cross-platform promotion.
- Content Creation and Management: Bring the joy and vibrancy of The Broad to its social media presence. Shape the museum’s content and tone to match the warmth and adventure reflected in the in-gallery experience. Conceptualize and create engaging, visually appealing, relevant, and shareable content across various social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok, X (Twitter), and Threads . Collaborate with The Broad’s internal team members as well as contractors to produce and gather high-quality content, stories, images, videos, and behind-the-scenes moments to showcase the museum’s mission, collection, exhibitions, and programs. Manage the museum’s social media content calendar to ensure all communications needs are met.
- Community Management: Actively engage with our online community, responding to comments, messages, and inquiries in a timely, friendly, and professional manner. Foster engagement by initiating conversations, encouraging user-generated content, and organizing interactive campaigns.
- Analytics and Reporting: Monitor and analyze social media metrics, such as reach, engagement, and conversion rates, to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and identify opportunities for improvement. Generate regular reports and insights to inform decision-making and refine the social media strategy.
- Influencer and Partnership Collaborations: Identify and collaborate with artists, influencers, content creators, tastemakers, community leaders, and relevant partners to amplify the museum’s reach, generate excitement, and attract new audiences. Negotiate and manage partnerships to ensure mutually beneficial relationships.
- Trends and Innovation: Continuously research and explore emerging trends and digital platforms, tools, algorithms, and best practices. Experiment with new features and technologies to enhance the museum’s social media presence.
Recommend and produce creative approaches for successful ads across platforms.
- Experience managing social channels and/or institutional messaging on behalf of a high-profile brand
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager or similar role, preferably working with subject matter related to arts and culture
- Strong voice: ability to adapt the museum’s mission, values, and ethos into a persona that will resonate with the audience of each channel
- Experience developing social strategy from the ground up
- Proven results driving follower growth and engagement across multiple social platforms
- Innovative mindset: high aptitude for generating compelling new ideas, and excitement to experiment and test
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills, apparent in work samples
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, trends, analytics, and best practices
- Proficiency in content creation. Experience managing projects involving photography, videography, and graphic design
- Experience guiding and overseeing the work of contractors, including photographers and videographers
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Analytical mindset with the ability to quickly derive insights from data, and make creative recommendations accordingly
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and collaborative approach
- Ease working with social media management tools, scheduling platforms, and analytics software
- Approach work with integrity and honesty.
- Support and demonstrate the museum’s culture of developing a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment for staff, contract staff, vendors, and visitors.
Salary: $75,000 – $90,000 per annum
Employees hired into this position are eligible for the following benefits: medical, vision, dental, employee assistant program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, retirement, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Additional benefits may include employee discount at The Shop, free parking or annual free personalized LA Metro pass or bike stipend or walk stipend, discounts at local eateries, and more.
To Apply: Please send a Resume, Cover Letter, and Work Sample/Portfolio to email@example.com with “Social Media Manager” in the subject line by October 7, 2023.
All employees of The Broad are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain exemptions as required by law. All newly hired staff must show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination within 45 days of hire. Please contact Human Resources if you have questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check.
Must be able to remain stationary as well as frequently move around public areas of the museum for extended periods of time.
Work is performed both inside the museum and outdoors. This role requires both remaining stationary as well as frequently moving about the museum galleries.
The Broad is an Equal Opportunity Employer.