Los Angeles, CA
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, the Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts (CSPA), the Colburn Music Academy and Colburn Dance, and is a leader in community engagement through its Center for Innovation and Community Impact.
The Colburn School’s mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
Summary of position:
The Colburn School of Performing Arts is seeking creative and engaging teachers of young children with a strong theoretical background for part-time positions teaching in the Early Childhood Creative Arts program. The candidate must be interested in ongoing mentorship to engage and teach early childhood classes from 7 months to 6 years old in a group setting. The successful candidate will be a team player who can relate to young children, parents and colleagues.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Teach a two-term sequential early childhood curricula and summer session in consultation with the Department Chair, Early Childhood Creative Arts Program.
- Actively participate in recruiting students new to the Colburn School and work to foster relationships in the community.
- Communicate and coordinate with other members of the Early Childhood department.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with students’ attendance and performance records.
- Work closely with Community School staff to give support and guidance to students as needed.
- Communicate with parents/caregivers of children as needed.
- Prepare and submit lesson plans as needed.
- Participate in activities such as, but not limited to, departmental and faculty meetings, Open House, and other public relation events and opportunities.
- Other related duties as needed.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Music
- At least 3 years teaching experience in Early Childhood music classes.
- Ideally, Certification in Orff-Schulwerk, Level I.
- A high level of competence and knowledge of Early Childhood methodologies including but not limited to Orff-Schulwerk.
- Have knowledge of child development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with very diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to contribute to a positive, supportive team environment required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Salary: $55.00 to $75.00 per teaching hour depending on experience
Benefits: California Paid Sick Leave; commuter allowance or free parking
To Apply, visit here with a cover letter and resume by November 30, 2023.