Los Angeles, CA
Clockshop, an artist-run arts non-profit based in Elysian Valley, is looking for a part-time Youth Programs Specialist who will take on the development, management, and implementation of key youth programs, designed for youth to deepen their relationship to the land they live on as future stewards and advocates; as well as increase access for youth in NELA to contemporary arts education (with a focus on art in public places) and environmental activism.
These include youth and family-focused public programs related to artist commission projects, curriculum collaborations and field trips during the school year with local K-12 schools (but focusing primarily on middle and high school engagement), school workshops leading up to and during the annual Community & Unity People’s Kite Festival in May, and a 4-week summer youth fellowship and internship program focused on art and advocacy.
The Youth Programs Specialist will have a key role in developing the curriculum, program, learning outcomes, and logistical details of the Fellowship pilot in July 2024. Responsibilities include delivering every program on time, within budget, and within scope; working collaboratively with teachers, youth advisors, interns, artists, partners, community organizations, and vendors; and visioning and developing programs that align with Clockshop’s core values and mission. Clockshop youth programs often take place on public land, and involve an alignment of learning outcomes, artistic ideas, community interests, and land use issues affecting environmental and social justice. The ideal candidate is a resourceful and creative individual with strong organization, communication, and collaborative skills to expand Clockshop’s youth advocacy and engagement programs.
Clockshop is a collaborative work environment and the Youth Programs Specialist will work closely on projects with Clockshop’s Community Manager, Project Manager, Senior Advisor, and Communications and Social Media Manager. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Salary: Starting at $35k per year for part-time
- 3 days per week, 24 hours per week — with flexibility of hours on certain days [Monday and Tuesday in office, additional hours remote or off-site as needed]
- Healthcare or stipend available
- Applicants must be based in Los Angeles County. Ideally, applicants will be vaccinated and boosted, and will work in the office at 2806 Clearwater Street for 2 full days per week in office, with additional hours remote or off-site as needed
- Clockshop commits to an internal “Culture of Care” process for staff to take care of our whole selves. It ensures that our team receives the benefits, compensation, professional development, and agency needed to feel fully supported and empowered in our creativity. This includes quarterly office recesses, PTO time, professional development opportunities, and benefits.
- This position has the possibility of becoming full time after the first pilot Youth Fellowship program in 2024.
To Apply, Please submit a cover letter, CV and contacts for 3 references, combined in a single PDF, under ‘Work Opportunities’ here:
Responsibilities and Requirements listed at the link above or here
Deadline is November 16., 2023.
This position is scheduled to begin in January 2024.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions and inquiries.