Los Angeles, CA
Job Opportunity: Junior Designer / Art Studio Assistant
FriendsWithYou - Los Angeles
Who we are:
FriendsWithYou is the collaborative art project of Los Angeles based artists Samuel Borkson and Arturo Sandoval III, working collectively since 2002 to have a positive impact on our world. Known for their immersive installations and inflatable sculptures, their work reaches beyond the contemporary art world into popular culture. Their mission is to use art as a tool to heal, empower and encourage people to love themselves and be compassionate towards each other and our world. They are constantly evolving within the mediums they work with, from painting, sculpture, live performances, to virtual reality and animation. They have created an accessible and honest language to cultivate moments of spiritual awareness, powerful, joyous, and communal interactions, all on the journey to the unknown - an exploration with the hopes to connect the world.
Rizzoli published We Are FriendsWithYou, a comprehensive monograph featuring contributions by Pharrell Williams, Alejandro Jodorowksy and Peter Doroshenko. Book launch events were held at MOCA Los Angeles & Paul Kasmin Gallery’s PK Shop in 2014.
FriendsWithYou actively works to spread the message of connectivity around the world, with a simple mission to become Friends-With-You.
We are looking for a talented Junior Designer / Art Studio Assistant to join our team in Downtown, Los Angeles.
Must be self-sufficient, proficient in Illustrator, Cinema 4D, as well as have fine art and design skills. Must have a good & kind attitude with a strong work ethic and love for making work.
This candidate will potentially be assisting the two artists that make up FriendsWithYou, Samuel Borkson & Arturo Sandoval III, and their studio manager on various projects. Including but not limited to: helping to realize larger than life installations, creating assets for various Intellectual Properties, communicating with vendors for various on-going projects, assisting with sculptures, creating PDF's, and everything in between. The position requires the ability to work on general design such as branding and layout. We are looking for a real self-starter that can run with a project and see it to completion.
- Drawing skills are a top priority
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign + secondary: general proficiency in Cinema 4D
- A solid portfolio demonstrating your graphic design abilities
- Ability to draw by hand and/or on a tablet
- Able to work as part of a small team on both short-term and long-term projects
- Minimum of 2 years professional art / design experience in related industry
- Design still graphics for video boards, television spots, etc.
- Strong artistic vision and creative abilities
- Ability to make PDF presentations
- Upkeep of our website, help with IT, create newsletters
- Ui (User Interface) design knowledge
- Production knowledge a plus
- A demonstrable passion for creativity and an education/background that involved artistic expression
- An energetic team player, with a can-do attitude and a positive personality
- Ability to speak with clients and collectors alike
- Ability to wear multiple hats
Education: A Degree in Graphic Design or Fine Art related degree
Job Type: Illustrator / Graphic Designer
Experience: Ideally 2 - 3 years in a creative environment
Industry: Fine Art
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Competitive salary based upon experience.
To apply please send resume, cover letter and portfolio to: