Los Angeles, CA
Part-Time – 15-20 hours/week
Pay – $17.10/hour
Main duties include assisting with floor supervision of all galleries/public art areas when Assistant Manager is out of office. Ensure deployments are created and updated, conduct applicable briefings, ensure Gallery Ambassadors are posted correctly and maintain duties within the galleries, and respond to art incidents and conduct follow up reporting. Assist with breaks, rotations, and relief duties as needed based on operations. Will be trained on exhibitions and museum departments to ensure continuity of expertise and knowledge of artworks in the absence of the Assistant Manager, including the ability to contact appropriate departments or staff members for assistance when needed and send appropriate notifications. Assist with visitor interactions and ensure customer service is provided, assist with wayfinding, etc. May assist with some administrative duties that pertain to training or daily operations, including necessary updates to schedules, deployments, adjusting breaks, managing call offs, etc.
- Must have experience working with the public in a forward-facing role, preferably in an art museum or gallery setting.
- Able to work 15-20 hours per week:
o Saturday/Sunday 9:30am-6:30pm with additional trainings as needed
- Must be interested in art and eager to learn about the Hammer’s exhibitions
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Must be resourceful with good problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a team setting and adhering to a tight schedule
- Must be able to wear a radio and ear piece comfortably
- Must have attention to detail.
Please email resume to [email protected] and include "Lead, Gallery Operations" in the subject line. Selected applicants will be contacted. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, we are regretfully unable to respond to phone calls and emails regarding the status of applications and the recruiting process.