Arts for LA
Arts for LA activates artists and organizations, and leads communities to advocate for an equitable, healthy, and creative Los Angeles region.
Arts for LA seeks a full-time Leadership Development Manager to grow and execute the leadership development programs designed to support the professional development of creative leaders in greater Los Angeles. Managing and executing both the ACTIVATE Leadership Development program and our network of Emerging Arts Leaders in Los Angeles are key priorities of this position. The Leadership Development Manager will plan, execute and lead both priorities with the guidance of the Director of Organizing.
Reports to: Director of Organizing
PROGRAM SUPPORT (60%)
The Leadership Development Manager will support the Director of Organizing in the execution of Arts for LA’s various leadership programs by:
- planning and facilitating sessions of the ACTIVATE Arts Advocacy Leadership program,
- coordinating outreach to guest speakers and panelists,
- serving as point of contact for program participants,
- working with community leaders to plan and execute a program of networking events, panel discussions, and community convenings for alumx of the ACTIVATE programs and other emerging arts & culture leaders in the region,
- supporting the planning, coordination, and execution Arts for LA’s annual State of the Arts Summit,
providing support for other Arts for LA programs as needed.
The Leadership Development Manager will:
- manage the organization’s GSuite account and emails, as well as correspondence between the ACTIVATE and various membership networks,
- send reminders to team members,
- manage meeting invitations and RSVPs,
- create spreadsheets and surveys,
- coordinate ACTIVATE application & selection processes.
ORGANIZING & MOBILIZATION (10%)
The Leadership Development Manager will work closely with the Director of Organizing to:
- continue developing the organization’s ladder of engagement,
- identify, engage, and retain dynamic community leaders capable of leading Arts for LA’s campaigns and advocacy efforts,
- mobilize current & former program participants in support of Arts for LA’s agenda & policy goals,
- expand Arts for LA’s base and constituency.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS :
Awareness of Los Angeles arts community
Experience with social media outreach
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ideal candidates should hold the following qualifications and experience:
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in program management and delivery
Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including ability to facilitate and train
Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends
Licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to meet AFLA’s minimum auto insurance requirement
Full Time position - Salary range begins at $53,000, dependent on experience
Benefits include: health, vision, dental care and vacation.
Applications close July 7, 2021 11:59pm. Proposed start date, July 2021. Arts for LA is a hybrid workplace which includes in-person office hours and work from home.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume, cover letter and 3 references to [email protected] with the subject line: “Leadership Development Manager.”
Arts for LA is an equal employment opportunity employer and we strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Arts for LA do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.