The Marketing Specialist will develop and carry out internal, external and online communications and marketing for Leonardo/ISAST. This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer and will work closely with the Senior Director for Programs and Operations, providing organization-wide support. This includes generating organizational collateral, marketing assets, internal and external reports, and content for blogs, social media, and press releases. The Marketing Specialist will play a key role in the set up and implementation of marketing and communications systems that will amplify Leonardo/ISAST’s impact at a time of rapid growth.
This person will join our growing team to advance Leonardo’s vision of fostering global transformation at the nexus of art, science, and technology in pursuit of a more vibrant, just, and regenerative world.
MARKETING SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing content marketing strategies. Manage and maintain marketing content calendar
- Develop and implement marketing plans for Leonardo publications, programs, events and activities
- Create marketing copy for use in email, social media, presentations, website, and outreach campaigns, working collaboratively with the Engagement Coordinator
- Design and develop marketing materials for fundraising and public engagement
- Maintain a directory and inventory of marketing materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed
- Set up tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities
- Coordinate and craft monthly e-newsletter
- Update and maintain website and online presence
- Maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues
- Develop and maintain press and media relations; Draft press and media releases
- Help prepare and update slide decks/presentations for senior staff
- Support and manage communications for meetings, events, conferences by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists
- Ensure marketing activities comply with state and federal regulations
- 3 years+ of marketing or marketing communications experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience with:
- various marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics, CRM platforms, and content management systems
- working on SEO, SEM, SMM, and email marketing campaigns
- email platforms such as Hubspot, Constant Contact, MailChimp, or similar
- Google Suite
- Technically capable, excellent communicator (oral & written), nimble learner, with ongoing drive to improve processes and efficiency
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects based on dynamic work environment, multitask and perform under deadlines
- Capacity to collaborate and communicate with a diverse, distributed team
- Experience with fundraising campaigns on multiple channels
- Up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and best practices
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- 12-month contract, $36,000 (15-20 hrs/week)
- Remote work options
- Direct expenses to be reimbursed (subject to pre-approval by supervisor)
- Family-friendly environment
As a collaborative member of the Leonardo/ISAST team, the Marketing Specialist serves to support fellow staff, volunteers, leadership, and the community. We are all responsible for creating safe, respectful, productive work relationships, culture and environment. We are aligned with Leonardo’s vision and values, our code of ethics, and our commitment to action for anti-racism, social justice, and human dignity. The Operations Coordinator contributes to Leonardo’s positive impact, advancing what it can do to make the world a better place. We are a small organization with a global distributed team. We encourage a culture of support, agility, trust and transparency.
Commitment towards justice, equity, diversity and inclusion:
Leonardo/ISAST is committed to a J.E.D.I. practice. Please refer to our anti-racist editorial policies and code of ethics. We encourage applicants from around the globe to apply including those from underrepresented communities of color, ability and LGTBQIA+.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter with “Marketing Specialist Application — [Full Name]'' in the subject line to: [email protected] (here) by 9/30/2022. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will receive a reply. Thank you for your interest in Leonardo.