Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles
Levitt LA’s mission is to build community through music for all Angelenos. Access is a key value and is at the forefront of our efforts. The Board and Staff of Levitt LA welcomes and encourages all people, from all walks of life, to apply for a job, internship, volunteer, artistic, and vendor opportunities within the organization. Other places may feel closed to you, Levitt LA is open; we recognize the value in diverse lived experiences and varied work experience. We value different points of view. As a nonprofit arts organization, we are nimble and accomplish a great deal with the resources available. Although we may not be able to hire/train/promote everyone who wants to be involved with Levitt LA, we promise to equally and equitably consider your request for participation.
Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA)
Marketing Manager (bilingual English & Spanish)
Full-Time, Exempt, Reports to Executive Director
The Levitt LA Marketing Manager (Manager) manages all communications with Levitt LA’s audience and supporters. The Manager plays a key role in strengthening Levitt LA’s presence in the Los Angeles music industry, surrounding communities, and audience development.
With guidance from the Executive Director, and in collaboration with staff, the Manager shapes Levitt LA’s marketing and promotion strategies, and implements a broad spectrum of Levitt LA’s communications to advance the organization’s mission, including elevating Levitt LA’s brand, individual donor and sponsorship communications, and social media.
As a member of the Levitt LA team, the Manager provides on-site support throughout the summer concert season and is expected to attend every concert of the series, Thursday through Sunday evenings, June through early September. In addition, the Manager engages with audiences in a variety of off-season community engagement events with the Director of Community Relations & Partnerships throughout the city, locations and partners vary.
Working with Levitt LA means being part of a very collaborative and dedicated team who are passionate about music, art, culture, the MacArthur Park/Westlake community, and Los Angeles overall. We value a ‘can-do’ attitude, a positive spirit, emotional intelligence, a ‘start-up' culture work ethic, anti-racism, equity, diversity and inclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Upholds the voice for Levitt LA’s brand with passion while tending to the daily administrative details that are critical to organizational success
• Tracks and manages the annual marketing plan and budget
• Maintains tracking of Levitt LA’s external communication efforts and the effectiveness of various marketing strategies; provide regular reports to organizational leadership
• Creates communications such as eblasts, social media posts, fundraising letters, event invitations, sponsorship decks, project descriptions, etc.
• Designs basic invitations, postcards, eblasts, and other marketing materials
• Translates and proofs all copy in English and Spanish
• Implements day-to-day social media activation and eblasts to advance Levitt LA’s communication strategy and shapes the organization’s voice
• Manages the advertisement strategy and allocates funds per media outlets with leadership
• Maintains the Levitt LA website and aids in future website redesign
• Supervises interns and consultants with guidance from the Levitt LA Executive Director
• Works with a graphic designer to create season brochure, advertisements, and other materials
• Helps PR contractor draft press releases and coordinates press outreach
• Acts as a Levitt LA brand ambassador and attends community engagement events with Director of Community Relations & Partnerships
• Retain comprehensive knowledge of trends, emerging platforms, and new technologies in the digital marketing and social media spaces
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Skills & Experience
• 5+ Years’ experience in communications strategy for the performing arts and/or music industry especially in Los Angeles highly preferred, or similar field, and a demonstrated ability to create compelling communications across multiple platforms
• Exceptional writing and fastidious proof-reading skills in English and Spanish
• Content strategy, content creation, and social media management for the performing arts, music industry or similar field
• Experience with Digital/Radio/TV Buy Ads
• Experience with Digital Marketing Analysis in live events such as Facebook Business Manager and Google Analytics
• Competent with MailChimp or similar platforms and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in CRM platforms is preferred but not required
• Basic graphic design skills to create simple invitations, social media posts, e-blasts, and ads, Adobe Suite preferred but not required
• Demonstrated success of utilizing and optimizing social media platforms Excellent time management skills with the ability to implement several projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines Thrives in a high-performing, small nonprofit organization, with an understanding of its opportunities and limitationsExcellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with donors, Board members, community partners, audience members, and all Levitt LA stakeholders
• Ability to navigate cultural complexities and a willingness to incorporate a variety of perspectives from Levitt LA’s diverse stakeholders, artists, and partners
• Be committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices and participate in the often-challenging conversations that the work requires along with the implementation of such efforts
• Established relationships with influencers and brand ambassadors that would be in alignment with Levitt LA mission/vision and strategies, media/press outlets, philanthropic stakeholders and community organizations, preferred but not required
• Able to lift 30 lbs
• Able to be active (walking and standing) for infrequent 12-hour workdays in hot weather during concert season
• Must have reliable automobile for work related local travel
• The health and safety of Levitt LA staff is paramount and COVID-19 safety measures are in place and must be adhered to. All staff are required to be up to date with all required vaccines.
Levitt LA Sustainability Responsibilities
All members of the small yet mighty Levitt LA staff are involved with the long-term sustainability work that comes with running a free concert venue, ensuring that multiple revenue streams work in unison for a successful, healthy, and ethical nonprofit. The Production Manager is partially responsible for creatively generating revenue from equipment rentals and event production during the off-season. Manager will aid the Executive Director with:
• Provides support for the Levitt LA Board meetings, creating handouts and resource materials
• Support with creating communication for Levitt LA’s individual donors and Board members
This is an exempt position. Levitt LA works within a fixed tier salary system based on level of responsibility within the organization. The first year Manager level salary is $75,000, with an increase to $78,000 thereafter for all Manager level employees. Salaries increase equally for each staff member each year for inflation and are evaluated annually during the full organization transparent budgeting process. Medical insurance, 401K and employer match, and a robust vacation and PTO package included. Mileage and cell phone reimbursement offered.
Levitt Pavilion is located in MacArthur Park with offices in the neighborhood. Staff are offered a work-from-home option with occasional team meetings and collaborative planning in the office. All staff are expected to be on site for all live in-person concerts, pop-up concerts, community engagements and fundraising events.
Applications may be submitted until the position is filled with an anticipated start date by the end of the year November/December 2022.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples in English and/or Spanish to [email protected] by Feb 28 2022. Examples must include one project description or press release, and additionally could include grant applications, letters to stakeholders, invitations, social media posts, articles, etc. Please include in the subject line “YOUR NAME – Marketing Manager”
About Levitt LA
The mission of Levitt LA is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the diversity of our city and beyond. Every summer, FREE concerts are presented at the Levitt Pavilion, featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning performers in a broad range of music genres. Each summer, over 60,000 people of all ages and backgrounds gather on the lawn in historic MacArthur Park to enjoy free live music under the stars. Programming is designed to appeal to all tastes, attracting people from all walks of life to come together for a shared evening of great music. As music fills the park, so do families, friends, and Angelenos from throughout the city. Since 2007, over 500,000 people have gathered in MacArthur Park to enjoy the free concerts, cultural celebrations and all-ages atmosphere offered at the Levitt Pavilion!
$75K / Medical insurance, 401K and employer match, and a robust vacation and PTO package included. Mileage and cell phone reimbursement offered.