Title: LIBRARY SCIENCES AND/OR DIGITAL ARCHIVING INTERNSHIP
Location: Social and Public Art Resource Center (SPARC)
Address: 685 Venice Blvd., Venice CA 90261
LIBRARY SCIENCES AND/OR DIGITAL ARCHIVING INTERNSHIP
Social and Public Art Resources Center (SPARC) Digital Mural Lab, and additional locations.
SPARC is looking for a Library Sciences and/or Digital Archiving intern to help catalog Prof. Judy Baca’s extensive book collection. Duties include scanning, cataloging and managing Prof. Baca’s book collection.
SPARC accepts applications for those intern candidates interested in the field of library sciences and/or digital archiving. Projects would focus on administrative needs of the organization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to scanning, archiving, cataloging, organization and maintenance of books in one or more of the following formats:
- myBib is a mobile BibTeX bibliography manager for iOS.
- Barcode scanner works on devices with autofocus and iOS4+ only (iPhone 3GS/4).
- myBib manages only books at the moment
- myBib uses Google Books as ISBN database.
Papers is your personal library of research on the go. Find, read, organize, share and sync your research papers - anytime, anywhere!
- Revolutionize how you collect, organize, and read documents.
- Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed, Google Scholar and ArXiv.
- When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen.
- Import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them just as easy as your PDFs.
- Automatically find and download the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available!
- Papers now also optionally lets you synchronize your library via your local Wi-Fi network or Dropbox to your Mac, PC and iOS devices.
- Create Shared Collections and add content to your Reading List, also accessible via your web browser.
Endnote creates a customized library of all your references.
Insert those references in Microsoft® Word, Wolfram Mathematica 8, or Apple® Pages, and EndNote will automatically create citations and a bibliography matching the requirements of your selected journal or style manual; it has over 6,000 bibliographic styles from which to choose. Attach PDFs, sound fi les, videos, or any other kind of fi le to your references – up to 45 files per record. Read and annotate attached PDFs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to info@SPARCinLA.org