North Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
The Lighting Director works on a team of technical artists to help create powerful moments using lighting and technology. This role works closely with creative directors, producers, and production staff to help lead and manage all things lighting for iLuminate. The Lighting Director will both edit existing shows, and design new shows for upcoming productions. A deep understanding of professional lighting technology, processes, and procedures is required. Although the role is focused on lighting, the ability to operate in a team environment both in and out of productions is crucial.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong computer skills, and will be comfortable navigating in a linux environment. A background in software programming, scripting, system administration and wireless technologies is a huge plus. Programming will be done via proprietary software and low-level terminal work, as well as standard lighting consoles. We are looking for someone who has great composure, a good balance of creative and technical skills, can manage feedback in a creative environment, and is very organized.
- Support iLuminate performances through the use of well executed and creative lighting both in an operating troubleshooting role.
- Manage iLuminates lighting systems including fixtures, consoles, proprietary hardware, and infrastructure.
- Contribute creatively to iLuminate performances and events through brainstorming, R&D, and implementation.
- 3+ years paid experience working with medium to large lighting productions
- Proven Lighting Director experience.
- Deep understanding of computer and lighting networks
- Comfortable and cool under intense pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on customer service
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized, and a self-starter, Is willing to equally engage with both simple repetitive tasks and technically complex needs, and has strong computer skills specifically in a linux environment.
- A background in software programming, scripting, system administration and wireless technologies is a huge plus.
- Schedule flexibility is a plus!
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Natasha Martinez at email@example.com