ArtsUP! LA is hiring a part-time position to create and implement lighting design for productions at our 52-seat Blue Door Theater in Culver City. Qualified candidates will have experience working in smaller 50-99 seat theaters and have broad knowledge of lighting design for stage productions.
The in-house lighting designer will collaborate with the director to create the vision of the production. The position will be 8-10 hours per week to start, at a starting rate of $20/hr.
ArtsUP! LA is a non-profit performing arts organization dedicated to empowering underserved individuals from low-income populations in greater Los Angeles. Since 2007, ArtsUP! LA has utilized theatre, the performing arts, and educational programs as a means to enhance self-esteem, encourage self-expression, and empower individuals to overcome challenges in their lives.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a theater setting, particularly in smaller 50-99 seat theaters
- Familiarity with Nomad system
- Experience working with Q lab
- Competent in hanging/moving lights
- Understand lighting plots
- Be familiar with moving lights and specials
- Understand how to repair lights, if needed
- Be able to troubleshoot and offer solutions to problems
- Ability to create projections/running a projector is a big bonus, but not required
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by September 3rd.
To achieve our mission of transforming lives through the arts, ArtsUP! LA commits to championing policies and practices of cultural equity that empower a just, inclusive, equitable community. To that end, ArtsUP! LA is committed to ensuring that all people – including but limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status, or religion – are represented in the development of our staff, board, program, participants, and audience members.