The Audacious Foundation
Los Angeles, CA
General Job Responsibilities
The LOUD Director is responsible for managing the LOUD team including managing day to day operations, quality control/resources, school outreach/communication, and fund raising/event planning. The Director provides consistent, supportive, forward-thinking leadership, developing new opportunities in response to Founder’s Vision, coordinating school relationships, and supporting the general operation of LOUD. Working with our team, the Director works to design and align LOUD to accomplish its goals.
Creation, implementation and operation of LOUD, including management of logistical, programmatic, and staffing needs for LOUD programming.
- Maintain a strong understanding of opportunities and connections with schools. Establish relationships to take advantage of new programmatic opportunities as they develop.
- Oversee student recruitment and communications outreach processes.
- Act as decision-maker on matters related to LOUD after seeking and considering all pertinent information offered by the founder, Executive Director, LOUD co-workers and instructors, and other relevant parties.
- Manage LOUD co-workers.
- Oversee all day to day operations
- Establish and maintain active and positive working relationships with community members, foundation partners, local and national nonprofit organizations, key school contacts, vendors, in-kind partners, and other individuals and groups. Act as public spokesperson for LOUD.
- Expand our brand within the network of non-profits locally and nationally
- Fundraise for the LOUD program including creating a development plan and raising funds on an annual basis
- Manage and execute a brand new fundraising event
- Set and maintain the quality and safety processes and standards for all LOUD sites.
- Engage LOUD Advisory Board to provide local programmatic guidance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; graduate level work an advantage.
- 4+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience with youth development and/or educational programs and design.
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel, Facebook, and general internet search techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking capabilities.
- Spanish language ability an advantage
- High energy, positive attitude, ability and willingness to work long hours and
multiple days in succession during our two peak programmatic times of the year (May and Aug/ Sept), if required by program schedule.
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing demands of conducting school-based youth programming.
The LOUD program is a non-profit initiative that provides high quality instruments and world class music/film education to low-income students. We are currently in 18 low-income schools: 13 in Los Angeles, 4 in Santa Barbara, and 1 in New Jersey, serving over 450 students the opportunity to realize their creative dreams.
This is a ¾ time, exempt position. Position can be based remotely in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, or Ventura.
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
- Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision,
- Retirement matching
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
- An excellent supportive team and work environment.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Rachel Abercombie at email@example.com