Los Angeles, CA
The Layout Artist is responsible for creating cameras, creating and placing rough environments and props and determining rough timing to pre-visualize shots
- Facilitate the creation of a 3D version of the shot.
- Work under the guidance and direction of the animation supervisor and layout lead
- Coach and support the layout teams to execute quality performance for the project.
- Create rough models and environments for pre-visualization.
- Assist the animation department with the technical set up of their assigned sequences, troubleshoot any problems on their shots, and maintain the continuity and flow within and between shots.
- Work as the team leader on the technical aspects of Layout.
- 5 years experience as a layout artist on feature films, episodic or commercials.
- A full portfolio demonstrating high-level Layout and Matchmove skills and breadth of subject matter.
- Knowledge of cinematic techniques, language and shot composition.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or similar 3D package.
- A strong ability to work under pressure in addition to implementing changes based on input from multiple sources.
- A keen eye for detail.
- An ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Come as you are. Luma is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you like this post?